Thursday, November 2, 2017

Let the Turkeys Show You to Your Seat

We are a small family...
Sometimes...Holidays at our house is just the 3 of us...
But..this doesn't mean that I don't keep family traditions...and recipes...
and I never forget to add some personal touches...or go the extra mile...
to make the day memorable.
So..to get started on Thanksgiving plans...
I decided to create a small decorative piece and place cards....
 for the brunch table.

I started out with creating a gold double loop bow
with my DecoFun Bow Maker...
(*The little bow maker that I credit with making a bow maker out of me!!
Me!!...The person who was never able to make a bow...until a few weeks ago...
When I got this fabulous Bow Maker.)
So..I made my double looped bow
(Literally in less than 5 minutes...start to finish)

Next...I stamped the Creative Visions large turkey...and 3 smaller turkeys 
onto ivory LCI Metallic card stock
I cut some small lengths of ribbon
I punched out some tiny tags
and then...
I put all of the parts and pieces together!


And...
This is what I whipped up...
A little decorative tabletop piece...and matching place cards



I think that the bow makes this peace...
and I like the simplicity of stamping in cocoa ink over ivory metallic card stock.

I matted the turkey with chocolate brown metallic card stock...
a nice contrast to the ivory metallic card stock...gold ribbon and bow...
and a nice complement to the cocoa ink.
The Thanksgiving banner was created with Lawn Fawn's Bannerific stamp set
The sentiment words are from the Hero Arts Celebrate Everyday stamp set


and...
I created a place card for each of us...
As it turns out...We will be sharing Thanksgiving dinner with my best friend and her family...
so...this weekend...I'll create 5 more place cards for everyone who we will share the day with)


I really enjoyed putting this little project together...
and am looking forward to creating a few more place cards
for everyone that we will share Thanksgiving dinner with.

I can't help thinking that without my handy little Bow maker..
This project would have been made..
but the beautiful bow would be missing.

If you're wondering where my DecoFun Bow Maker 
and this beautiful ribbon came from...
take a peek at The Ribbon Place.... HERE

Thanks for visiting today...
I'll be M I A for a while..
I've got the flu...and am feeling really crummy...
Aches from head to toe...killer throat and ear pain....sick stomach...and feeling weak
(I'll just have to use my time in bed to think of some ideas for the cards I'll create next week!)
I hope that you've escaped this season's early flu that's going around...
and that you have a wonderful day!
Michelle.


4 comments:

  1. Michell, absolutely elegant turkeys! anyone would want these at their table for Thanksgiving they are just beautiful Michelle !! Sorry to hear that you are under the weather and hope you get rid of that terrible flu take care of yourself and have a great Thursday ! πŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒπŸŽˆπŸ’πŸŽˆ

    ReplyDelete
  2. This turkey is so classicπŸ¦ƒ love him!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!