Sunday, August 20, 2017

The Roses of Life...Two Color Palettes...and a Beautiful Quote

Quite a while ago
I ordered a small collection of Carabelle Studio stamps, masks and templates.
I was attracted to the Carabelle style because of it's "art style"
(I have always liked "artistic" stamps)

Finally!!
I had a chance to ink one of them up to make a few cards!

In addition to this Carabelle Studio "The Roses of Life" stamp set...
I also used an assortment of Distress Oxide Ink colors...
metallic card stock for matting 
and Copic Markers to color one of the rose images.
The other rose image was colored with Distress Inks.

For first card that I created ...I used a blue and green color palette...along with some yellow.
I created the background by blending ink colors ...
then used a Tim Holtz splatter stencil to add some green inked dots of color
Next I misted the entire piece of card stock lightly with water to allow the Distress Ink to react.
I let the inked and misted card stock dry completely.
When the card stock panel dried...the roses were tinted with distress ink.
I used gold and dark blue metallic card stock for matting
and positioned the image panel with fun foam for dimension.

The card colors are all very subtle and soft on this first card


For the second version..I wanted a kick of color...
I wanted to go a bit brighter than the first version above.
So I switched up the ink colors for the background...
blended some brighter colors...
used the Tim Holtz splatter-like stencil to ink on some green spots
then misted the entire piece of inked card stock with water.
I also stamped a second image (the roses)...colored them with Copics...
cut them out...
and positioned the colored flowers with leaves over the image  
that was stamped on the inked piece of card stock song foam dimensionals.
I stamped the beautiful quote on an inked piece of card stock
and hand cut the sentiment banner
and..I  also matted the banner with the same  gold metallic card stock 
used to mat the image layer.
Once the banner was completed...I positioned it with fun foam.
The largest mat layer is metallic green.

I like this brighter version of this card..
and I really like the flowers layers over the original stamped image.
(Adding dimension always appeals to me)

You can see the banner and flower dimension here in this photo...
along with the reactive spots on the blended ink ...from the misting

I'm so glad that I had time to ink up this stamp set for the first time.
I like the simplicity of this art-style stamp..
and ...being a quote stamp lover...I can add that I REALLY love the quote.
I've got quite a few more brand-new-never-inked-up Carabelle Studio stamps...
I'm hoping to give each of them a try ...one at a time...in the near future...

Thank for visiting today, my crafty and create friends
Have a spectacular Sunday!
Michelle.

...

6 comments:

  1. Michelle,Happy Sunday! Really love the card ! Color's and the depth ! Have a great day with Jackson ! 🎈🐢🎈

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Therese!...Mr Jackson is out for stroll right now what Gary ;)
      Momma...(aka..me)..is off duty for a few hours...lo)

      Delete
  2. I also really love your card Michelle! Another stamp I must put on my list, lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL.Thanks Lynn....(Check out BLITSY...they have lots of Caravelle at discounted prices)
      (See how "helpful" I am???? ...LOL)

      Delete
  3. Beautiful cards. Love the background colors the most and the way you colored your flowers. The sentiments are awesome

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!