Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Setting Sail with a Stamp and Beautiful Nautical Ribbon

I've been in the beach-ocean-lighthouse-sailboat-seashell- mode lately
and thought that I'd create a card with a stamp that I've had for a while
(but haven't used yet)
and some really nice nautical ribbon that I recently got from DecoFun Bow Maker. 
(You can check out DecoFun's beautiful ribbon...HERE

This is a card that called for having the ribbon in my hand...
and knowing immediately which stamp I wanted to use.
I've had Stampendous' Wind in Sails stamp for quite a while
and knew right away that it would be a good match for this nautical ribbon.
I added a little big of color to the stamped image with Copic (Alcohol) Markers
I embossed the base mat layer with We R Memory Keepers WAVE embossing folder.
and kept the card very CAS.



I'm so glad that I got out this stamp and inked it up.
I love the image...
and..
It's the perfect size for an A2 card...
I love it's simplicity...and the notion of movement that's reflected in the water...sails...
and the clouds and their wind lines.
I lean way over to the VERY CAS side of CAS card making...
and generally...I'm not a big embellishment girl...
But...
The deep blue nautical ribbon with gold accents is perfect for my style of card making, I think.

I've recently become a fan of DecoFun's ribbon mostly because it's soft and silky 
which makes it easy to use on cards where I am apt to fold it 
under the edge of a mat layer of card stock.
I also like that the designs on the ribbon don't make the ribbon stiff....
like other printed ribbon that I've tried.

I've already got my eye on DecoFun's Seashell ribbon for my next card! 
(It's sitting on the studio worktable...as we speak)
I hope to be back in a day or two to share another Summery-beachy card
using that ribbon.

PS....Don't forget to take a peek at the DecoFun Bow Maker web site 
to see their beautiful ribbon....HERE
(This is the same web site that has the Paw Print ribbon that many of you asked me about a few weeks ago when I shared the 2 cards below, here at my blog.


Thanks for visiting today, my crafty and creative friends!
Have a wonderful Wednesday!
Michelle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!