Monday, January 16, 2017

Happiness Overload with Catherine Scanlon's Cupcake Stamp Seet

I get giddy with card-making-happiness when I create a card with a Catherine Scanlon Designs stamp
and have the opportunity to share it with you here at my blog.

There are many (many many many) stamp designs and companies that I like..
and then... there's the next level up...
where the like becomes love.
The kind of stamp LOVE that makes you feel like forgetting about all of your adult responsibilities...
sneaking into your craft room or studio...
and doing nothing but making cards with THAT stamp.
.
I am just starting a Birthday card making binge...
I need to replenish my almost-empty birthday card stash...
for both my/our personal use...and for my ETSY shop.
and...
I knew that I wanted to start the Birthday card making with Catherine Scanlon's Cupcake stamp set.

I Colored the image with Spectrum Noir (Alcohol) Markers
and highlighted the "Celebrate" letters with strokes of color in the tiny opened areas
I created the dotted background print with a stencil...
Clarity brushes were used to lift color from ink pads...
and then to brush the ink over the stencil to create the dotted design.
I matted the image layer and positioned it with foam...to create some lift and dimension.
Then, I stamped the flower portion of the cupcake a second time 
Colored it...cut it out...and positioned it with foam dimensionals...
using it as an embellishment.
I also stamped the banner stamp from the stamp set...added the HB2U...
colored it...cut it out...
and positioned it with foam dimensions , as well.
The mat layer under the cupcake layer is a deep turquoise like color 
that almost matches the cupcake liner/paper.

Wanna see?
I go into maximum happy mode when I create a card with a Catherine Scanlon Stamp
and am always REALLY happy to share the finished card(s) here....with you


More Cupcake happiness...
I just LOVVVVE this image!


Of course,  I couldn't stop after creating just one cupcake card...
I did a few exactly like the one shown above...
I have a few more of this image stamped out...waiting to be colored.
I'll switch up the colors a bit...next time around.

If you're loving this image and Catherine Scanlon's "style"
you can see all of her stamp designs HERE .

As for me?
THIS was a great way for me to kick off my birthday card "stash" replenishing!
and...I'm looking forward to having some time to color the extra stamped out images
that are waiting for me on the studio worktable.

Thanks for visiting today...
and now...
it's time for you to visit Art Gone Wild
to create your Catherine Scanlon stamp wish list!
Have a great day my crafty and creative friends!
Michelle

2 comments:

  1. This is stunning! Your coloring is perfection, and I'm quite smitten with those dots on your background!!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Patti !
    Stenciling the background dots was fun...
    and Catherine Scanlon stamps are always a joy to create cards with.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!