Saturday, January 7, 2017

Another Day...Another (Pink) Elephant

I don't think that I've created 2 elephant cards during my decades of card making
and now...
I've made 2...in 2 days!
Actually...I know for certain that I have only created one other elephant card....
and that was eons ago.

I combined images form 3 different stamp sets to create this card...
Main image: Stampin Up ~ Love you Lots 
Sentiment: Stampin Up ~ Thoughtful Banners
Heart: Concord and 9th ~ Love You. Mean It.

I used my big gorgeous full set of Faber-Castell Polychromos pencils to color this image
(LOVE  LOVE LOVE Polychromos)
Background color was added by picking up ink for ink pads... with Clarity Stencil brushes.
The scalloped rectangle was created with an MFT die.


I chose some dotted prints for the paper layers...
and created a base mat layer with deep purple metallic card stock.
The sentiment tag was created by combining 3 stamps from the Thoughtful Banners stamp set...
and then hand cutting the sentiment banner and brushing color onto it.
The background color around the image was created with the stench brushes and ink pads. 
I used the die as a stencil for the inking to create nice clean edges.
The image layer was positioned with fun foam...for some added dimension.
Smaller dimensionals were used when positioning the sentiment banner.


I guess that I have broken my own personal record...
2 elephant cards in 2 days...
(as compared to 1 card during decades of time) 
Someone...call Guinness!!

I've been enjoying creating some playful cards...
I usually lean toward creating floral cards...
so my stamp choices for this years Valentine cards have been a nice change of pace for me.

Thanks for visiting today...
wishing you a wonderful day!
Michelle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!