Friday, January 6, 2017

A Little Stenciling, a Little Stamping, a Little Coloring, and a Ton of Love

It's been ages since I have stenciled anything on a card...
mainly because I never liked any of the stenciling brushes that I've owned.
But...having Clarity Stencil brushes and loving them as much as I do
reminded me that I had some nice new stencils that have never been used.

So...
I decided to incorporate some stenciling with a Valentine card that I wanted to make.
and...as I had anticipated...
the Clarity brushes were perfect for the job!

I created the heart background with the brushes and a few ink pads...
The stamp set is Love You Tons by Lawn Fawn
(I chose not to use the coordinating dies to cut out the elephants, for this card)


I really enjoyed creating the heart background....
Not only because I love using the Clarity brushes...
but all because I was able to customize the colors 
and apply the color exactly as I needed it to be to get the color result that I wanted.
The elephants were colored with Spectrum Noir (Alcohol) markers


I also used the rectangle die as a stencil to ink a background around the stamped images.
The sentiment banner was hand cut...and a little bit of ink was applied to it with the brushes.
Both the banner and the image piece were positioned with fun foam (image layer) 
and dimensionals (the banner) for some lift.
The base layer mat is a beautiful shade of grass green metallic card stock


This was a fun card to create...so I created a few
The stamp set is adorable...
and I'm glad that I included some stenciling...
(Now I want to stencil all of my cards!)

Thanks for visiting...
have a wonderful day my crafty friends!
Michelle.

2 comments:

  1. Love this card. The stenciling is perfect. I am going to have to get out my stencils today and play some. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your choice of colors for the stencil ed background

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!