Monday, January 2, 2017

A Little Bit of Love

Happy New Year!
We've begun a new year!
2017...
Can you believe it?
Time passes too quickly!
But with that passage there have been many new days
that have allowed our life's journey to unfold...
which in itself, is a gift.
I hope that each day of this fresh new year holds good and wonderful things for you
and that each day brings moments that fill your heart with happiness...
and gives you countless reasons to smile.

With Christmas card making behind me...
I've been spending lots of time stamping and coloring...
preparing images for some card making...
Birthday...Sympathy...Thank You...
I've got a nice stack of images ready to go..
and hope to create all of the cards this week.

But...
I took a break from the coloring, last night
to create this year's first Valentine card!

I decided to create a die cut card.
I flipped through the binder box that holds my Valentine dies...
and decided to use Love Tree
by Taylored Expressions.
I paired the die up with a Love/Valentine print 
and some white and deep red metallic card stock 
to create this CAS (Clean And Simple) card.


The die cut scalloped white metallic layer was placed over the print 
using a large piece of self adhesive foam, for lift and dimension.
I like using a larger piece of fun foam, as opposed to smaller dimensionals
because it gives a nice solid feel,
yet doesn't add lots of thickness or weight to the card.
The tree and love die cuts were positioned and placed with rolled glue dots, also for added dimension.


I've had this die for quite a while...
but this was the first time that I've used it.
Creating a card with it fits right in with my CAS style of card making.
I like how it turned out...and will create a few more of this card 
while I have all of the materials out on the studio work table.


I enjoyed ALL of my Christmas and Holiday card making...
It was fun using lots of different dies and stamps...most of which were new to me...
to create lots of Christmassy cards.
But now..
it's nice to switch gears...
to start creating some Valentine cards!

Thanks for visiting...
have a great day my crafty and creative friends... 
Michelle.



1 comment:

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!