Wednesday, November 2, 2016

It's Wednesday! ~ Crafter's Companion Inspiration Design Team Project Day!

I'm always happy when I come across a  "cute image" ...
and as luck would have it...Crafter's Companion has lots of great stamps...
many of which qualify as being....cute!

I'm always trying to build up my "stash" of kid-friendly cards...which is in desperate need of some little boy/little girl cards...
and this Mulberry Wood "SWEET LOVE" rubber stamp set
seemed like the perfect stamp set for a sweet kid-friendly card.

I stamped the image with Memento Tuxedo Black ink...
onto Spectrum Noir Ultra Smooth Card Stock
(I also used this card stock to cut and score a card base)
I colored the image with an assortment of Spectrum Noir (Alcohol) Markers
and matted the completed image on Shimmering Card Stock.
I wanted to create a hand cut sentiment banner...and I also wanted to mat the banner.
I chose a small section of a sheet of print paper from the Love & Romance paper pad
and used it as the sentiment.
I positioned and attached the matted banner with foam dimensionals.

Here's a look at the finished card...

I think that this sweet little card is ideal for a little girl's birthday...
or Valentine's Day!
The image is adorable...
and provides lots of creative opportunity for lots of detailed coloring.
The Spectrum marker colors that I chose to use were perfect for this card, I think.



Here's a close-up of the 2 layer sentiment banner that I hand cut.
You can also see the Spectrum color blending and shading, in this close-up.


I set out to create a card that was kid-friendly...
and I think that I accomplished that...
Thanks to the Mulberry Wood SWEET LOVE stamp set.

Thank for visiting...
wishing you  wonderfully creative day!
Michelle.

Supply List:
                              Shimmering Cardstock - Candy Red
                              Sara Signature Collection Love & Romance - 6x6 Paper Pad
Coloring: Spectrum Noir Alcohol Markers PP1, PP3, PP5, BP2, BP6, EB2, TN3, TN5, LV1, LV2, IG1, DR3, CG1, CG2
Other: Trimmer, Scissors, asst adhesives, ink pad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!