Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Wednesday: A Crafter's Companion Inspiration Design Team Day Project

I love creating cards with floral and nature-like images...
They're probably at the top of my card making list.
Next in line...
my #2 fave...
(and I admit to having an obsession with  this...)
are dog cards.
I find it difficult to not add great dog images to my stamp collection.

For this weeks Crafter's Companion Inspiration Design Team card
I chose to use two great stamp sets: 
Sheena's A Little Bit Sketchy EZMount Stamp Set - It's a Dog's Life
I love both the dog images in this set
and almost had to resort to doing an "eeeny-meeny-miney-mo"
in order to choose which to work with...
and...
to make sure that I didn't forget about creating a cat card...
for my cat loving friends...
I also created a card with
Sheena's A Little Bit Sketchy EZMount Stamp Set ~ MEOW


First...
I chose the image of the dog sitting in the grass...facing forward, from the stamp set.
I thought that he was lovely...

I stamped the image first with a brown-tone ink
and colored the images with Spectrum Noir Blendable Pencils.
After they were colored...
I used Clarity brushes and blue and green ink pads to create backgrounds.

Because I chose to create notecards (as opposed to greeting cards)
I did not include stamped images.

I added a gathering of 3 strands of natural twine as an embellishment.
On one card I knotted the twine...
and on the other card...I added a button.

Shimmering Card Stock was used for all mat layers.
I double matted the finished image after the twine was attached
The base card was cut and scored using Spectrum Ultra Smooth Card Stock.
I used foam dimensionals to attach the matted an embellished image piece

For the cat card...
I stamped the image...
and colored it with Spectrum Noir Blendable Pencils.
I added color to the background with Clarity brushes and an ink pad.
I finished the card by embellishing it with twine and a button.
I matted the image on Black Pearl Shimmering Card Stock and attached it to a base card.


These notecards are very "me"...
I am a true CAS card maker...
and so this look speaks to my own preferred style of card making.
The simplicity of a single image...
and a small assortment of colors 
along with a simple embellishment


all qualify this card as being CAS,  for sure!
Thanks for visiting my crafty and creative friends...
I hope that your visit here has inspired you to create a CAS card of your own today.
Michelle

Misc: Trimmer, Adhesive, Foam dimensionals, asst Stampin Up ink pads, Clarity Brushes, Colored & Natural Twine, Button
Coloring: Spectrum Noir Blendable Pencils:
                 For the Dog card: 085, 087,110
                 For the Cat card: 018, 063, 112, 115, 100, 104, 109, 110,112, 115, 116,118
Ink: Stampin Up Classic...assorted Blues, greens and yellow, Ranger Archival Ink (Brown) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!