Sunday, September 4, 2016

Madison & Aidan ~ Have a ball!

I have had Taylored Expressions Madison & Aidan in my stamp stash
for a very very longggg time.
I decided that it was finally time for me to ink them up...
to create a few cards,
not only because they're extremely cute....
but also because I have very few kid cards on hand.

My Spectrum Noir Alcohol Markers were already out on the studio work table
and I thought that they'd be the perfect way to color both images.
My passion for the Clarity brushes is still going on...
and so I used them to apply the background color with a few Stampin Up ink pads.
I chose a bright green base card that went well with the green that I inked onto the image layer.
The red mat gives a nice pop of color and picks up the red in Madison's clothing.

You can see all of the inking, coloring, matting and die cutting details in this closeup
(This Wonky Stitched die is a fave of mine)
I like that the "stitches" stand out more when the ink was applied to the card stock 
with the Clarity brushes  got "caught" in each stitch mark.


Onto Aidan now...
another cutie
(Taylored Expressions has lots of cuties...kids..and animals, both)
I liked the sentiment that was included with the Madison stamp set..
and decided to use it on this card as well.
I did the same thing with this card...as I did with the prior card...
applied ink with Clarity brushes...etc etc
but this time...I opted to use a beautiful blue card stock for matting the image layer
(wish the blue color looked more authentic in this photo)
I can tell you that it's almost an exact match to the door of Aidan's shirt.

Here, in this close-up...
you can see the blue mat color a bit better...along with other details.
For the base card...I used the same light and bright green card stock that I used for madison's base card.
The ink application and coverage with the Clarity brushes is fantastic.
I am totally hooked on those brushes
and LOVE creating backgrounds by applying ink with them 
(as I'm sure you can see if you scroll back through my recent blog posts!)

I am slowly building my "stash" of "kid-cards"
I've got a long way to go...
but, after completing both of these cards...
I now have 2 more kid-cards in my stash!
and...
 that's a good thing!

Thanks for visiting...
have a great day...
Now it's time for YOU to create a few cards of your own!
Michelle


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!