Wednesday, September 14, 2016

It's Wednesday! ~ Crafters Companion Inspiration Design Team Project Day!

It's Wednesday!
and that means that it's
Crafter's Companion Inspiration Design Team Project Day here at my blog!

It's been a while since I've created a water colored card...
and...
I've been wanting to ink up Sheena Douglass' A Little Bit Sketchy Magnolia Blossom
so...
I got out Magnolia Blossom...
and...
Moonbeam Meadow Everyday Stamp Set ~ Just a Note...
and...my Spectrum Noir AquaBlend Markers
along with some other supplies...
and got busy!

Isn't this Magnolia Blossom image beautiful?
and...
It's perfect for water coloring.

I stamped the image with waterproof ink onto Spectrum Watercolor Cardstock.
I misted the card stock lightly with water...
I chose the AquaBlend marker colors that I wanted to use...
Then I scribbled the marker colors on a large acrylic block..
and painted the image by picking the color up off of the acrylic block with a wet paint brush.
I gave a light wash of color to the background
as well as the small handcut banner.
The sentiment is a stamp from the Moonbeam meadow Just a Note stamp set

I let the painted image and color washed banner air dry...
then matted the image on Pearl Black Shimmering Cardstock.
The beautiful lacy print paper is from
the Sara Signature Floral Delight Paper Pad.
The sentiment banner was positioned and attached to the card using foam dimensionals.


Magnolia Blossom was a great image to create a card with.
The blooms are big..and beautiful...
and perfect for allowing me to enjoy water coloring....
something that I LOVE doing.

I hope that you've enjoyed my Crafter's Companion Inspiration Design Team project, this week...
and I hope that you've been inspired to get out your own water coloring supplies...
to create a beautiful water colored card of your own. 
Have a wonderful day, my crafty and creative friends!
Michelle

Paper & Card Stock: Watercolour Cardstock
               Shimmering Cardstock - Black Pearl 
Coloring: Spectrum Aqua Markers colors: Desert, Leaf Green, Boulder, Sepia, Scarlet, Begonia,      
                Peach
Other: Trimmer,  scissors, adhesives, foam dimensionals, paint brushes & water receptacle

SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!