Thursday, February 11, 2016

Well Dressed Dogs

I am so excited to share some photos of a card making project that has kept me busy lately
(It feels great to be back to doing what I love after a long, uninvited 3 year hiatus!)

Five of these gift boxed silhouette collections will soon be on their way to Iselin (NJ) Animal Hospital where they'll be available for sale and 2 will remain behind for sale...locally and/or on line.
The truth is, I've kind of become attached to these cards while working on them...and so, I'll have to  make a set for myself soon (something that I rarely do), to ease the separation anxiety!

It was a lot of fun creating this collection in this color palette, and then finishing each card with some gorgeous gold heat embossing and a little pink bow (or 2!)

I am a huge fan of heat embossing and am especially enjoying the current popularity of big huge beautiful script and semi-scripts fonts and how they look extra amazing when heat embossed.

This font is fantastic (by Altenew) and is called Halftone. There are actually 3 different Halftone stamp sets, Thanks,  Happy and Hello and I used all of them when creating this collection!
I love how the font fades at the top and creates an almost pixilated look. 
I held my breath when I did the first heat embossing because I thought that the fade-out might make the embossing look like something went wrong. But instead...I had a big surprise! The embossing looks awesome on the fade-out style font! 
Suffice it to say, I am a fan and it's safe to assume that you'll be seeing lots more of this gorgeous font on future cards!

Sparkle N Sprinkle Fine Detail embossing powder was perfect for the heat embossing, making the main sentiment stand out and have great texture. (LOVE their big gigantic jars of embossing powder)

If you are in love with the dogs, like I am, you can find some of them at the Impression Obsession web site or other popular crafting sites that sell dies. The poodle and scottie are from a favorite die company that is no longer in business (sob sob sob) called Top Dog Dies. I am so glad that I have a major hoard of their wonderful dies, and I dream of hearing, one day, that they are back in business.
But until then, I'll enjoy creating cards like these, with their wonderful dies that I do own.


Card loving friends: I have 2 of these gift boxed dog silhouette sets available for sale.
Each set includes 6 cards designs  as shown. 
 ($20 local pick up/ $25 shipped)
To purchase go here: Bellissima Cards

Card making friends: product info is below

Thanks for visiting my brand-spanking-new blog....don't forget to sign up for email updates so that yo'll always be one of the first to see what I've shared and to see what's available for sale (click SUBSCRIBE at the top right of this page

And now, without further ado...here are some sweet and very well dressed dogs!   

Do you have a favorite?

I love getting feedback...and would be one very happy cardmaker  if you would take a sec to leave a comment below.

Michelle.   
     
                                          





Product Info
Stamps: Altenew 
Dies: Top Dog Dies and Impression Obsession
Card Stock: LCI and Stampin Up
Embossing Powder: Sparkle N Sprinkle Gold Ultrafine Detail E P












No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!