Saturday, February 27, 2016

Oh, those Crazy Crazy Birds!

Firstly....before I share a card....
I'd like to say THANK YOU to everyone who visited and/or purchased cards yesterday...during the Grand Re-opening of the Bellissima Card Shop (at ETSY .com)
Your support, enthusiasm and ALL of the kind compliments about my cards filled my heart!
I look very forward to bringing many many many more cards to the Card Shop on a regular basis...so stay tuned..and be sure to check in at the Card Shop often, to see new additions!

Okay....so, now...onto today card....


Well, I am about...oh I don't know....maybe 8 months behind everyone else with inking up my Crazy Birds stamps...
Yes, I purchased the set..the dies...the accessories..
the sayings...
I've had all of them.
Sitting here.
Untouched.
Unused.
Since each one first came out.
Yep...Just sitting here.
Until...tonight.

I also broke out some brand new...never used
Spectrum Noir Blendable Pencils
My critique of the pencils?
I like them.
Not quite AS much as my Prismacolor pencils
But it's a close contest between the two...I have to say that.
There is a definite difference in how the color gets laid down in comparing one to the other..
The Spectrums feel a bit waxier (?)...I think that's a good way to describe them.
I, like them though.
So that's a good thing.
...and the colors are beautiful...
and...nicely separated into 5 specific color palettes
Nature, Primaries, Essentials, Marine, Floral
(I'll post a photo in the supply list below...at the end of this blog post)

All of the being said....it's time for those Crazy Birds....
(for those of you who are not card makers/stampers....Yes...
these little guys with bulging eyes, exaggerated beaks and expressive faces 
are actually called ....Crazy Birds.

So.... here are 2 of the Crazy Birds that I enjoyed working with 
and coloring with the Spectrums.
*and, although it's not showing in the photos...
 there's a little bit of Wink of Stella no the ribbon and bow on the gift...and on the birthday hats.
I usually create in multiples...
but this time...this is a one of a kind...
(and it is being sent off to my Etsy Shop  and will be available for sale momentarily)
oh...I almost forgot to mention......there's a simple Happy Birthday sentiment stamped on the inside.


These 2 crack me up...
Just look at their expressions...
How can you not smile....
and wonder about what they are up to. 




Card loving friends: If you like these 2 Crazy Birds , they can be purchased at The Bellissima Card Shop...which you can access by clicking on the Card Shop link at the top of the page.

Card Making friends: The supply list for this card is posted below

Thanks for visiting....and don't forget....
I love comments...so please take a sec to leave  a comment below
Michelle



Supply List: Does not include basic tools...trimmer.. ink and other basic tools and supplies needed for creating any/all cards

Paper/Card Stock: SU It's My Party Paper Stack (12 x 12), LCI regular  and shimmer , Papertrey Ink 
Coloring: Wink of Stella Pink and Green, Spectrum Noir Blendable Pencils

Stamps:

Tim Holtz Crazy Birds Stamp set

Sizzix Thinlits/Crazy Birds


Tim Holtz - Crazy Talk Stamp Set



Tim Holtz Cling Mount Stamps - Crazy Things





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!