Sunday, May 6, 2018

Water Colored Dahlia Garden

Hello my crafty and creative friends!

Today I'm sharing a few cards here at my blog...
Similar...but different..
each heat embossed....water colored...and created 
with the (gorgeous) DAHLIA GARDEN BACKGROUND stamp from The Ton Stamps.

After stamping the images with VERSAMARK INK
I heat embossed each image with Sparkle n Sprinkle's 
FINE DETAIL GOLD EMBOSSING POWDER
I chose an assortment of ALTENEW INK PADS for water coloring...
painting the images with traditional paint brushes.

After the images were water colored
I die cut the center of each image...
Chose card stock matting colors
and sentiments from the PENNED SENTIMENTS 
and ANEMONE WISHES stamp sets.
(Both...also from The Ton Stamps)
I then matted each of the water colored pieces...and the 3 sentiments.
I positioned the center piece of each Dahlia image with fun foam, for added dimension.
To finish each card, I placed the sentiments 
in the lower right corner of each card.

I am a lover of using metallic embossing powder 
to heat emboss images that I will be water coloring.
I  love the look...the shimmer...and the contrast of the shining embossing
against the matte look of the water coloring.

So now...
I've got a few photos to share...

The larger-than-card-front-sized Dahlia Garden stamp
is really my kinda stamp!
(If you follow my blog you  already know that big floral images are a fave of mine)

Water coloring this image was lots of fun.
The large image offers lots of opportunity to blend and mix colors
to create a collection of compatible and beautiful colors.

Look at that gold shine!
Thank you fine detail gold embossing powder!
You never fail me!

The color palette that I chose for the second card
is similar to the palette of the first card (above)....
Pink tones...
but this time...with the inclusion of a lavender...and a purple bloom.
   
Dark purple metallic card stock was ideal, I think..
for the first card...
and this card as well.

and...
here's the beautiful gold heat embossing again,
What a great way to bring attention to the details of this stamped image.

For the third and final Dahlia Garden card
I chose to create a pink...rose...coral and yellow color palette.
I chose a deep coral card stock for matting

After creating two cards in the pink/purple family...
It was nice to switch gears with the ink colors used to watercolor this card.

A nice view of the matting...water coloring....image details...
sentiment and shine from the gold heat embossing 
on this coral toned version of Dahlia Garden.

When I'm in my studio...
creating cards like the cards that I've shared today
I am in my truest of happy places.
To create color...blend color...
and to watch the magic of  ink and water interacting
always brings me enormous happiness...peace...and lots of joy.
(Confession: If I had my way...
I'd create cards with images like Dahlia Garden...every day.)

Thanks so much for visiting today...
I hope that you've found a little bit of inspiration here at my blog today.
Wishing you a wonderful day!
Michelle.

13 comments:

  1. WOW these are both beautiful, I loved the top one on facebook so popped over to see the other one and it blew me away!! Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok. I give up! I've gone to The Ton, and looked at this stamp, and simply cannot figure out how the stamp I've found created this gorgeous card!!! Love this so much, dear friend! You hit this one totally out of the park!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Patti....If you look at the stamp...you'lll see dark (black) areas...
      On the cards ...those areas are the large speckled gold embossed areas..
      The Versamark transfers onto the water color card stock "speckly" because the Spectrum Noir Aqua card stock has some texture...nooks and crannies...So the Versamark only stick to the raised areas...and therefore the embossing powder only sticks to those same areas...and that's how the large areas of gold happen on the card...
      Does that make any sense.???...lol
      Hope I explained it clearly.

      Delete
    2. Makes sense! I think I'll have to order this...it's so pretty! Thanks!

      Delete
  3. Wow, I’m always in awe of your talents, Michelle! These cards are especially stunning and make me want to run to my craft room and create like you! They are all super beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, WOW, WOW! All are so gorgeous! I can't believe your water coloring! I would think the painting would take forever!I really love them Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Lynn!
      Believe it or not...for me..the painting takes much less time than pencil coloring...and some alcohol marker coloring...
      Go figure!

      Delete

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!