Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Revisiting Silhouette Card Making

It's been AGES since I've created cards with  a silhouette-style image.
I thought it was time to get back to it!

I have had Penny Black's FALL RENDEZVOUS XL TREE BIRDS
for a very long time...but have never created a card with it.
So...I thought it was time to ink it up.

I started out by creating background color 
with CLARITY STENCIL BRUSHES
and INK PADS.
Next...I used my MISTI to stamp the large image.
Because the image is very detailed and I wanted a nice dark silhouette I re-inked the stamp multiple times and re-stamped until the image was dark, crisp and solid
(Like a silhouette image should be) 

To finished each of the 4 cards
I matted the images with black card stock and
I chose an IMPRESSION OBSESSION Emerson quote stamp
as the sentiment

When the  cards were completed...this is what I wound up with...




I really enjoyed creating this little stack of silhouette cards.
They fit right in with my love of CAS card making
and I am always happy when I ink up a stamp that I've had for a while...
but have never used.

Thanks for visiting today my crafty and creative friends.
Wishing you a wonderful Wednesday!
Michelle.

5 comments:

  1. WOW! Awesome cards Michelle! They turned out beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lynn....Simple...and easy....(having a MISTI for this card is a must ;) )

      Delete
  2. Beautiful card. Beautiful stamps but you put it together to make a great card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your silhouette cards turned out really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!