Saturday, December 23, 2017

Doggie Christmas Gifts for Brownie and Sophia

This year I was wayyyy behind with my Christmas tag and card making
But with the flu and a nasty head cold behind me this week...
I kicked it into gear and got a lot done.
(I feel so much better now)

Yesterday I had SO MUCH FUN working on two gift tins for Brownie and Sophia...
My daughter's boyfriends 2 adorable dachshunds.

I filled two clear topped hinged tins with teeny little Milk-Bones...
created a belly band and a personalized gift tag for each
and asked my daughter, Chelsea...who does amazing hand lettering...
to personalize each tag.
The tags were die cut using MFT Stitched Tag Die set
I topped each tag with a double looped bow
that I created with the DecoFun Bow Maker
and a looped piece of silver cording
(so that the tags can be hung on Brownie and Sophia's Christmas tree)
I chose 2 different print doggy Christmas papers  
and LCI metallic card stock for the belly band on the tin...
and the tags.
I used Clarity Stencil Brushes and ink lifted from ink pads
to add background color to each tag

The stamp sets used to create the tags are:
Sparkle and Sprinkle: HOT DOG PUPPY Stamp Set # 564
and
Newtons Nook: FURR-EVER FRIENDS

I colored each image with Spectrum Noir Alcohol Markers
and made sure that each image colored image looked like Brownie and Sophia.

I've got some photos to share...
Wanna see?

This is Brownie's tin...

 I filled the tins with lots of tiny Milk-Bone treats..
created the belly band with one of the prints and green metallic card stock
I used the same green metallic card stock for the larger (mat layer) tag


I love that the lids of these tins are clear
In the past I've filled them with candy...for non-canine friends πŸ˜€

Here's a close up of the print ...


The belly band slips onto the tin easily...


My daughter...Chelsea...
is so talented when it comes to hand drawn lettering.
(Something that I'm NOT good at...at all)
The little paw print is a stamped image from the FURR-EVER FRIENDS stamp set.


Sophia's tin was created the same way as Brownie's tin...
This time...I colored the image to look like Sophia!


I used another adorable doggy print for the belly band

and this time...
I use red LCI metallic card stock for the band and larger (mat layer) tag.
I created another double looped bow with the DecoFun Bow maker
to finish the tag...
along with the looped silver cording.
I have to note that without the DecoFun Bow Maker..
I'd be in BIG Bow making trouble!
I CANNOT tie a bow...at all.
I am seriously bow-challenged.
BUT....since getting the Bow Maker...I can make bows..in a snap..
and they're perfect every time!

I'm happy with how the tins turned out...
and am happy that Chelsea added the personalized brush stroke lettering..
I think that the brush stroke lettering makes the tag!

The tins were lots of fun to make...
If I have time...after doing some baking today...
I'll head out into the studio to create a few tins for 3 of my favorite humans
(Which..by the way...will NOT be filled with Milk Bone treats!!)
But just in case I get caught up in baking until the wee hours...
I've got a few tags on stand by for their tins

and these

Thanks for visiting today, my friends
Wishing you a Merry Christmas...
and a most beautiful Holiday Season!
Michelle.

4 comments:

  1. Michelle, and I know Sophia and Browie will love that beautiful bow! They can hang it on the tree! 🌲 Merry Christmas πŸŽπŸŽ„ and Happy New Year to you and your family! ⛄️❄️πŸŽ†πŸŽ„πŸ’πŸŽˆ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Therese!..
    Merry Christmas , my friend!..((hug))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle, wanted to wish you a Happy New Year to you and your family !
    Have not seen you making cards ! Hope you are over that Flu and on Vacation some were warm !
    ThereseπŸ’πŸŽˆπŸ’πŸ˜‡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Therese....I've bene on a creating hiatus since Christmas....spending time purging y studio and reorganizing....I actually created something tonight for the first time in almost 2 months!
      Hope all is great with you.....xoxo

      Delete

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!