Sunday, December 3, 2017

A Quick Project: Winter Themed Book Marks

I needed to create 24 Winter themed book marks...
and I needed to create them ASAP.
(Emphasis on the ASAP part)

So...
I got out a few stamp sets that had Winter-like images..

I chose the stamps that I wanted to use...
Got out some ink...some markers...
my MISTI and Cutterpillar Pro 
Some card stock for stamping...
and metallic card stock for matting..
a Stampin Up Tag Topper punch...
1/8 inch Scor-Tape
some gold cording and an assortment of ribbon...
and I got to work.


and...
this is what I whipped up....at lightening speed...
6 of each of these...

Using the MISTI for stamping most of the images little project a breeze.
I stamped the smaller images like the snow flakes..cardinal..and the two tiny snowmen 
with an acrylic block.
I wanted hints of color here and there...
and use the same color palette for all of the book marks.
Some were finished with ribbon...
Some were finished with gold cording.

I really enjoyed creating this little project...
and they were a hit with the recipient as well.

My next plan is to create some tags. to use on our Christmas gifts.
The tags will have the same image combinations...
but the tags will be larger..(wider and shorter) than the book marks.

Thanks for stopping by today...
Have a wonderful Sunday my crafty and creative friends!
Michelle



2 comments:

  1. Love these! The background matting really makes them pop and the addition of the snow to fill in the tops. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Pamela!
      I always enjoy creating book marks...they're a fun little project

      Delete

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!