Monday, November 6, 2017

Wedding Wishes...A Card for a Friend

I've been off resting...
hoping to kick the butt of a flu-type of thing that I've had all week.
while I was doing lots of "NOTHING"...
I had lots of time to think about cards that I'd like to create
when I was feeling better...and able to spend time in my studio again.

Today...I'm sharing one of the cards that I had been thinking of.

First on the list when I got back into the studio
 was a wedding card that a friend asked me to create.
I had all week to envision the card in my crafty little head...
and finally..when I felt a little better...I went right out to the studio 
to make the vision I'd been holding in my head..become a card!

To create this 5x7 card I used the following:
Haute Wedding Dress stamp set (by The Ton)
Loose Peonies stamp set (by the Ton)
Versamark Ink and Fine Detail Gold Embossing Powder
Gansai Tombi Starry Colors
Luminarte Twinkling H2Os
and LCI Metallic card stock for matting.

I started out by stamping and heat embossing the Haute Wedding Dress image.
I water colored the image and background with Twinkling H2Os


While the water colored image was drying
I created a background print with the Loose Peonies stamp set.
The I did a wash of gold from the Starry Colors collection...and let it dry.
Then...I stamped the peony images and leaves onto the same piece of card stock.
I added some color and shading to the peonies and leaves with twinkling H2Os
and let the piece dry completely
while I cut and prepared the 5x7 card...and metallic matting layers.


When the water coloring had air dried on both pieces..
I put the card together...
and this is what I had!
(A card that was exactly as I had envisioned it to be..in my crafty little head!)


 had to take lots of photos to capture the shimmer on the image
 and the floral background.
The gold embossing and shimmery water coloring are so pretty
(Thanks to the Gansai Tombi paints and Twinkling H2Os) 


Lately...I've been creating quite a few backgrounds of my own
as opposed to using print paper.
The more I do this...the more I am liking it.
You can see the shimmery peony background in this photo...
and the metallic card stock matting.


I used fun foam to position the matted image

I stamped the sentiment with a combination of stamps from 
The Ton..Hero Arts and Concord & 9th

I'm very happy with how this card turned out
an am hoping that my friend is happy with it as well.

Thanks for visiting today my crafty and creative friends!
Have a marvelous Monday!
Michelle.

12 comments:

  1. Michelle, glad you are feeling better!
    What a gorgeous wedding card ! Love this dress! It is so magical looking that matches the day of every girl's wedding the magical day of her life ! Have a great Monday! 🎈🐢🎈

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Theresa!
      Creating this card for a friend brought me so much creative joy...
      I consider it a gift and an honor that she asked me to create this card for her son's wedding.

      Delete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous. I love it. Thanks for sharing with us and being such an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is stunning.

    P.S. had to come back :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Denise...
      Your comment made me smile

      Delete
  4. Don't you love starry colors! Awesome job with the card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Lisa...
      and yes...The Gansai Tombi paints re wonderful!

      Delete
  5. Just absolutely gorgeous! Such a beautiful card! You are so so talented -- one day I hope to be at least a third as talented as you! Michelle, did you take watercolor classes when you first started? I just don't know how to begin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Lynn for being so kind...
      Lynn....I have never taken a painting class..or any art class for that matter...other than pottery and leather working in high school...LOL

      I am very daring when it comes to working with color..
      I dive in...head first with reckless abandon...and with the thought that the wors thing that might happene is that i create a mess...in which case I embrace it as a learning opportunity...trash it...and start over...
      Water coloring is very magical..and very forgiving...
      I hope that when you give it a try that you fall immediately in live with it...as i did...(many moons ago...LOL)
      It is..and always has been...my favorite way to add color to a stamped image.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Michelle for your words of encouragement! I will definitely be diving in one day soon, and will take on the challenge with great enthusiasm! Only asked, as if you had started out taking any class, I am willing to do so!

      Delete
    3. Lynn....I am hoping to offer on line classes sometime soon...
      My original goal was end of Summer...
      But it looks like my goal date will now be shortly after the new year....(January...or February)

      Delete

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!