Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Baby Bears for Twins

Hello my crafty and creative friends!
I haven't shared a card with you in a while
because...
I haven had time to create a card in a while.
My daughter asked me to create a card for newborn baby twins...
So I made sure to get myself into the studio...
and enjoyed creating today's card.

I knew that I wanted to use a stamp set that I have had since it first came out...
but had never inked up....
Stampin Up's BABY BEAR.

I also knew that I wanted to create the card in some soft vintage-like colors
I chose three ink colors for the bears..
some dotted print paper...
my Clarity Stencil Brushes
some LCI Kraft card stock for matting..
and this is what I came up with.



I stamped the bear on the left first...
Then masked him..and stamped the bear on the right.
I chose a sentiment from the Baby Bear stamp set
and
Background color was added with ink pads and Clarity Stencil Brushes


I stamped the bows onto the dotted print paper and hand cut them.
Next I inked the edges to finish the bows
and added Clear Wink of Stella to each bow for some shimmer.

I positioned the bows with foam dimensionals.
The print and the image layer were matted with the Kraft card stock
and the image layer was positioned with fun foam.

My daughter was very happy with the finished card
and loved the soft vintage colors that I chose.
as opposed to using l pink and/or  blue..
(familiar and traditional baby colors)

I'm so glad that my daughter had a card request..
because it forced me to make time for card making.

It felt great to spend some time in my studio
and I'm already thinking of my next little project request...
Winter themed bookmarks!

Thanks so much for stopping by today...
Wishing you a wonderful Wednesday!
Michelle.

3 comments:

  1. Michelle,love the bears 🐻,they are too cute ! I love the color's great to see you crafting again ! As the holidays approach I need more time in the day !
    🐢🎈🐢🎄

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Therese!
    I agree...30 hour days might work!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!