Sunday, October 1, 2017

Stamping...Inking...Water Coloring and Die Cutting

Sometimes...when I am laying in bed...
card ideas come to me.
Sometimes...I grab a pencil and paper...and sketch the idea...
so that I remember it the following day.
Sometimes...I rely on memory.

Today's card was one of my middle-of -the-night-card-ideas...left to memory
and I couldn't wait to get into the studio...to give it a try!

But first...before I could work on cards..
I had a 3 month follow-up appointment at Sloan Kettering in Manhattan 
with my radiation oncologist.
(One of the 2 guys who I credit completely... with saving my life...and giving me life.)
My appointment went well...(just waiting now for some lab results)
and my doctor sent me off with a thumbs up...which is always THE BEST gift I could get.

I am SO grateful and feel SO blessed to have nice collection of "thumbs-up" photos
that we've taken and saved over time.
Here's yesterdays "thumbs-up" photo.


With that appointment under my belt..I had a clear & happy head for some card making...
So when we got home..off to my studio I went...
and there I stayed until midnight!
YAY!
(and this means that I've got a nice little stack of cards to share with you today!)


For today's cards I used the following supplies"
Stampin Up: Secret Garden (large flower)
Concord & 9th: Petals & Pallets (leaves)
Hero Arts Stamp & Cut sets: Hello, Prayers, Thanks & Happy
Zig Markers...Assorted Ink Pads
Assorted Distress Oxide Ink Pads
Water color aqua brushes
Spectrum AQUA water color card stock
LCI Metallic card stock and assorted regular matte card stock

I stamped the large flowers and water colored each one
Next, I stamped leaves around each flower.
Then..On MOST ...I created background color by blending different colors of Distress Oxide Ink.
I misted each completed piece with water to allow the Distress Ink to react.
A few have water colored backgrounds 
I chose card stock colors for matting that complemented the floral pieces.
I die cut the Thanks, Happy, Prayers and Help pieces and stamped the sentiments.
The completed floral pieces were positioned using fun foam.

In the end...I had 8 cards...
similar...but different..

This background is water colored....
I was happy with the bright pop of pink color together with the green tones of the floral piece

This one is also water colored.
I rarely create cards in this color palette...
The colors that I used for this card gives me ideas for future cards.

This version has a background created with Distress Oxide ink...
I love the misted results on the background...

This card also has an Oxide background
I am early happy with the color palette chosen for this card.
The kraft card stock and soft greens, ivory and yellow all came together nicely, I think.

Gold and orange always seem to go well together..
The gold metallic card stock is gorgeous...so shimmery...so bright...
and the orange metallic  also has a nice shimmer

Here's another kraft card stock version ..
the Oxide background reacted nicely to being spritzed with H2O

and..
another bright pop of pink....with a water colored background

and one last card...
This one...with an Oxide ink background...
and black metallic matting.


Creating these middle-of-the-night-idea cards was so much fun!
I love creating cards in multiples...
using the same supplies...but with a different twist to each...
Working with ink is always enjoyable 
(I LOVE LOVE LOVE to water color)
and creating backgrounds with ink..(Distress or otherwise)
is always a favorite of mine, as well.

It's difficult for me to choose a favorite from the 8 cards that I've shared today...
How about you?
Do you have a favorite?

As always...thanks for visiting today, my crafty and creative friends.
Have a wonderful Sunday!
Michelle

10 comments:

  1. Michelle,good morning! So glad to hear about your great report! Now ,This one is my favorite out of them all love this color! Then the last pale pink one!
    But I really like them all ! 🐢🎈🐢

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the ones where the flower isn't muted. Have a beautiful day my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your thumbs up news! And love the teal one...you should enter over at a2z Scrapbooking this month, the challenge is watercolor https://a2zscrapbookingblog.com/2017/10/01/a2z-scrapbooking-october-2017-challenge/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thumbs up to you, my friend! So glad your follow-up went so well. Thanks for sharing your lovely cards with all of us! kReN@afourthlife

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards! And so glad you had a great appointment. P.S. you have nice hair. Is that weird to say? It just looks so cute

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much!
    (and thanks for the hair complement too!)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!