Friday, October 6, 2017

Mr. & Mrs.

I was asked to create a wedding card...
and..
I was asked to personalize it with the first names of the bride and groom

I had an idea in my head for a 5 x 7 card.
got out the supplies and materials that I needed...
and whipped up today's card.

I used gold foiled card stock , in assorted patterns...
and matte gold mirror card stock (both by Crafter's Companion)
I also used LCI vellum paper.
For die cutting I used the Darice Bride and Groom die...
and
the Mr & Mrs die from Crafter's Companion's Together Forever collection 
To add the personalize stamping 
I used Concord & 9th's Perfectly Penned stamp set
I finished the card with a few rhinestones.

 I really enjoyed choosing the gold foiled prints for this card
and am happy with how all of the different prints came together.
I matted the damask print... and the "congratulations " print with the matte gold card stock.
After the "congratulations " layer was matted with gold...
I added a vellum mat layer...
I die cut the bride and groom using a tone on tone print card stock...
and positioned  it with foam dimensionals.
Then...I positioned the entire piece (bride and groom on the matted "Congratulations" layer)
with a large piece of fun foam...giving this card lots of nice dimension. 


Next...I created a "belly-bad" for the card.
I chose a foiled print as the base layer.
Then..I stamped the names on the vellum.
(I gave the stamped vellum a blast from m heat gun...to speed up the drying time
(after...of course...I smeared the first one that I had stamped...
because I thought it was dry...when it wasn't)
I die cut the Mr & Mrs piece...
and put the band together....
adding a few rhinestones to finish the card

When all of the parts and pieces were complete...
this is what I had...


I'm happy with this card...
and hope that the person who requested it  is happy with it as well.

I also enjoyed creating a large card..
I almost always create A2 cards...
so creating a 5 x 7 was a nice change for me.

In addition...it was really lots of fun getting out the foiled card stock
and using so many different patterns on one card.

I've got lots to do in the studio...
(Lots of ideas in my card-making-noggin)
So...I'm looking forward to spending some time today...and this weekend in the studio.
I hope that you have a creative weekend planned as well...
After all...NATIONAL CARD MAKING DAY is this weekend!
(October 7th)
So get to card making, my friends!

Thanks for visiting today!
Have a fabulous Friday!
Michelle.

5 comments:

  1. I love this card! I hope you don't mind if I try to CASE it my own way. I have one to make and I love this belly band idea. TFS, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen....
      Enjoy CASE-ing....
      If you share your card on FB...please tag my name...I'd LOVE to see what you create!

      Delete
  2. Michelle, beautiful card any bride and groom would love it ! 🎈🐢🎈

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Absolutely love that.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!