Thursday, October 26, 2017

Mini Halloween Apothecary Goodie Jars

I'm still working on a few small Halloween projects.
As I mentioned the other day...
None of the projects are huge extravaganzas...
They're just simple little projects...
Each one being perfect for an evening of creativity in  the studio.
It's ince to have a project finished at the close of an evening..
and being able to start fresh...with a new project...the following day.

So...
Today, I'm sharing a quickie Halloween project
2 Mini Halloween Apothecary Goodie Jars.

For this project I created two bows with my latest new toy...
The DecoFun Bow Maker.
(For mote info about the DecoFun Bow Maker...go HERE
I've been so thrilled with FINALLY being able to make prefect bows
since trying the DecoFun Bow Maker for the first time.... a few days ago.
Now...I can't stop making bows...(haha)
I had a little more of the Halloween ribbon that I used for the book marks
so I used that ribbon for today's bows.

Before the bow making, though...
I stamped and colored a pumpkin and a ghost image with Copic markers.
I cut them out...and positioned them off to the side of a punched mini tag
and
I added a length of heavy embroidery thread to each finished tag
so that I'd be able to tie the tags to their jars.


Here's a first look at the mini jars...with their bows!
Yes!!....I made those bows!...
Me!...A previously bow-challenged person!
After I finished being in awe with my bow making...
I filled the jars with Tootsie Rolls (orange jar)
and Halloween Hershey Kisses (purple jar)


Here's a close up..
(because I have to show you my perfect little bow!)
YAY me!
You can also see the tag nicely in this photo.


and...
the purple jar....with the little ghost tag

and...
Here's what the back of each tag looks like...
(White...so I can write To & From on each tag)

This was a fun little project to work on...
I like to have a few special little Halloween goodie items ready and waiting
on Halloween Day...because there is always an extra special trick or treater that we see ..
or who stops by at our home
and who we enjoy giving something special to. 

(I actually may take the candy out of one of these jars.
and re-fill it with mini dog treats for a friends dog.)
Or..maybe I'll just make another jar...
and leave these two as they are!

My week of little Halloween projects has been a productive... fun...
and creatively relaxing week
and Ive enjoyed sharing these quickie projects with you here at my blog.
and....
I finally conquered my lifelong "bow issues"

Thanks for stopping by today...
Have a fabulous day!
Michelle

2 comments:

  1. Michelle, Another creative happy surprise and a neat way to use your beautiful new bows love them ! 🎈🐢🎈👻🎃😈🦇

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!