Monday, September 25, 2017

Words of Encouragement

Back in 2004 when I was diagnosed with my first cancer..
I was very much alone.
I was in my 40's...with a small child...
I had just become a widow the year before my first cancer diagnosis. 

But while I was alone in the so called "cancer club"...
(and the young widow club)
There was always thankfulness for the fact that cancer wasn't part of the lives of  
people that I knew...
loved...
and cared about.

Since then..
I have journeyed through life with a diagnosis of 3 different cancers...
and sadly...
I find that I am no longer "alone"
SO many people that I know...
both family...and friends...
have dealt with a cancer diagnosis as well.

Lately, I find myself needing to create get well cards...
and cards that offer support...encouragement and comfort
more often.
I know how much cards..and phone calls have meant to me over the last years...
and how each one contributed to keeping me afloat when life sometimes felt overwhelming.

So while it's always fun to make beautiful cards...
cute cards...
fun cards...
I now make sure to take time to create cards 
that can be sent to someone who is coping with a serious health issue...
in hopes that something as simple as a card will keep their inner light shining.

With all of this being said...
Today...
I'm sharing a card created with a Paper Trey Ink coloring sheet.
(The sheet is a water coloring sheet...but I colored the image with Copics instead.)
I paired the beautiful floral colored image with a wonderful new-to-me sentiment set 
that I just received in a paper Trey Ink order.

I am hooked on their mini stamp sets
and as soon as I saw the QUOTE: RIGHT MOMENT STAMP SET
I knew that it would be ideal for many of the support and encouragement cards that I create.

Here's the card that I created with the coloring sheet and this wonderful sentiment set.
I immediately fell in love with this wonderful mini stamp set
The coloring sheet image is large enough to cover the entire front of an A2 card
But...I trimmed it down a bit because I wanted to mat it....
I used a deep pink card stock for matting.
To finish the card...I added a few crystal sequins.
For the sentiment:I put together 4 of the stamps in the mini set 
to create the sentiment as you see it on this card.
In the end...I was very happy with the card...and the versatility of the mini stamp set.

I have been hooked on Paper Trey ink's mini sets for a long time...
My collection is always growing...and I now have a nice big collection.
I'm not embarrassed to say that am always stalking the PTI web site 
to see if there are any new minis available.
I keep all of my minis in a drawer right next to the studio work table 
because they are usually my "go-to" sentiment stamps.

This card will be sent to a friend who is coping with cancer right now.
But one day soon...I'll take time to create a few more cards with this sentiment..
simply because it's beautiful...and ideal for letting someone know that you're thinking of them...
and to offer them a little bit of encouragement...
a bit of hope....some inspiration...
and a sprinkling of love.

Thanks for visiting today, my crafty and creative friends!
Wishing you a wonderful day!
Michelle.

5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card! I am sure it will lift spirits. I am in the two time cancer club. THe club does seem to be growing in size.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle, this not only a gorgeous card but beautiful for what it stands for .
    God gave you a wonder for gift to create beautiful cards and sentiments to comfort people and to spread your love ! I thank you for this every day! 🐢🎈🐢

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle, this not only a gorgeous card but beautiful for what it stands for .
    God gave you a wonder for gift to create beautiful cards and sentiments to comfort people and to spread your love ! I thank you for this every day! 🐢🎈🐢

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Therese for the gift of your friendship...and for ALL of your kind words about my cards...((hug))

      Delete

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!