Saturday, September 2, 2017

Water Colored Chrysanthemum Trio

Every so often I need to surround myself with some Catherine Scanlon stamps.
This week was one of those weeks.

So...
I went through my Catherine Scanlon drawer in the studio...
and pulled out the CHRYSANTHEMUM TRIO stamp...
I stamped the images with Versamark Ink... onto Spectrum Noir AQUA card stock.
Then.. heat embossed each image with Sparkle N Sprinkle gold embossing powder...
I got out my ZIG markers...
some LCI metallic card stock for matting...
and a few sentiment stamps by Close to My Heart
(which I have had for about 10 years...and love...a lot!)

And then...
I enjoyed creating 3 water colored cards.

I am a HUGE lover of Catherine Scanlon Designs stamps
and thoroughly enjoyed water coloring  this image... 3 x's!
I chose to create this orange...coral and yellow version
and added a Thank You sentiment...
as well as some beautiful gold and orange metallic card stock for matting.


Next..a blue tone version...
I was very happy with how the gold embossing looked with the blue water coloring 
and green water colored background.
I chose deep blue and green metallic card stock colors for matting.


And the last version...
a pink and purple version.
I chose purple and deep pink metallic card stock for matting on this card.
I also love the large scripty style of this sentiment.

I love the look of gold heat embossing when water coloring...
and I think that this stamped CHRYSANTHEMUM TRIO image looks great 
when heat embossed in gold!

So...I'm a happy girl now..
I've had my little "fix" of Catherine Scanlon stamping and water coloring
BUT...
it won't be long before I crave the opportunity to create some more cards 
with another Catherine Scanlon Designs stamp
Her floral images are jaw-dropping-gorgeous and perfect for water coloring
and they're at the top of my list of faves.

If you want to check out Catherine's stamp designs...
You can see lots of her stamps HERE
at the Art Gone Wild web site.

Thanks for visiting today... my crafty and creative friends!
Have a spectacular Saturday!
Michelle

7 comments:

  1. All three cards are gorgeous Michelle! You are so talented! I need to dive in & learn watercoloring! Do you like Zig markers the best? I only have a small set, wanted to try before i invest in a large set. What brand of emboss powder do you like the best? Thanks for any tips! 😊 Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Lynn....thanks so much for your kind words...
    I DO like ZIG markers...but I also like water coloring with ink pads..(transfer a splotch of ink to an acrylic block for ceramic tile...pick it up with a wet paint brush...or Aquapainter (brush)...and paint with the ink...(The possibilities for color and color blending are enormous when using ink pads)
    I like Sparkle & Sprinkle embossing powder...(I order via their web site)
    On this card I used their Gold Fine Detail Embossing Powder (my go-go EP)...
    I also like Spectrum Noir AQUA water color card stock (Ordered via the Crafter's Companion web site)
    I hope this info was helpful...
    BUT...most of all....Have fun water coloring Lynn! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning! Thanks for all your helpful info Michelle! I am such a follower of all your beautiful cards, every time I see a card that really grabs me,I usually know before I even look, that you were the artist! Enjoy the rest of the weekend. Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michelle, just catching up beautiful weather yesterday! It was great to come back this morning and be mesmerized by the three gorgeous cards! Chrysanthemums Trio is another stamp I have put on my wishlist! Thanks for making my Sunday a beautiful day twice ! Happy Sunday! 🎈🐢🎈🌷

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another quick question Michelle, your water colorings are so beautiful..are you self taught or did you take some classes?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!