Friday, September 1, 2017

Milestones & Moments...Water Colored

I'm aways in my creative happy place when I am water coloring.

After a week of Copic coloring...I was ready to switch it up.
So... I got out my water coloring supplies...
and I got busy settling in... to do what I love most!
Some water coloring!

I created 2 cards with Sheena Douglass' Milestones & Moments stamp.

I used Spectrum Noir AQUA card stock.
and...
heat embossed each stamped image with black embossing powder prior to painting.
All of the color was obtained from ink pads.
I LOVE the magical way that ink and water move together...
blend together...
and eventually dry...
always revealing new and wonderful colors!
I chose LCI Metallic card stock colors that complemented the painted images
 for very narrow matting. 
I also chose 2 wonderful IO (Impression Obsession) sentiments to finish each card.

It's easy to see what I love this image...
and why it's so enjoyable to paint and create cards with.
There's so much terrific deal...and lots of opportunity to add color.
This sentiment is kinda unique, I think...
It's a bit on the dark side...yet a bit inspiring.
I double matted the image layer with black...and burgundy metallics.


The second version has black...and green metallic matting...
and a really nice sentiment that I have used countless times before.
I really love this image...
I love everything about it...
the shrubs and flowers along the front of the cottage are perfect 
for adding a pop of bright color!
Did I mention that I LOVE this image??

I could have sat for hours..painting a stack of this image...
But..my time in the studio is limited lately...
YES!
You guessed it...
Jackson...our rescue puppy....is keeping me VERY busy.
(Emphasis on V E R Y....and B U S Y)
Ay-yi-yi...
I am exxxxxhausted....
(He is NOT a stellar potty training candidate...so I am constantly trying to walk him...
to avoid an accident form happening in the house.)
I don't think that I have gone in and out of the house 
or up and down the front porch steps during the 25 years of time of living in this house...
as I have during these last few weeks!
I should wear my FIT BIT now...
I'd have no problem logging in LOTS of steps!

But..this little guy is a sweetheart and I am totally cuckoo in love with him.
So while I am exhausted..and can't find time to create too many cards...
or do much of anything, for that matter!
I adore him and am thrilled that he is part of our family!


Thanks for visiting today...
(I'm keeping my paintbrushes out...
and plan on doing some more water coloring...
so be sure to stop by tomorrow to see what I've got up my sleeve!)

I'll say Ciao now..
because I am off to....
(Go ahead...take a guess...)
Yep...You guessed it!
I am off now to WALK JACKSON!

Have a great day my friends!
Michelle.

2 comments:

  1. Michelle, beautiful cards remind me of the little towns in Italy,were my friend is from . Happy Friday! 🐢🎈🐢

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Therese!....and yes...I agree...this looks like many places I have visited in the Italian countryside

      Delete

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!