Friday, September 22, 2017

Little Surprises

Sometimes..
when I tidy up the studio...
I find little treasures...little surprises....
A forgotten stamp set...
a new-to-me supply item that I ordered with the intent of giving it  try...
or a colored image that never made it onto a card front.

This time...I found a colored image 
(an extra..from a card project that I did a while ago)
so...
I took the opportunity to add a sentiment to the colored image...

The stamped image is form Penny Black's GENTLE DAY stamp set
(a stamp set that I use often..and love...a lot)
I chose a sentiment from CTMH's GRACIOUS GREETINGS
(a stamp set that I have had for a VERY long time)

I chose a background print that worked well with the colored image...
I added some green metallic LCI card stock for matting..
and..I finished the  card with one small rhinestone for a little bit of sparkle.

This is what I whipped up...

I love the large scripty font style of the sentiment set...
Each of the stamps in this set are beautiful...and have always been favorites of mine.
The simple floral image..background print and metallic matting came together nicely 
and kept this card very CAS...which is my true style of card making
and always makes me smile.


It was fun finding the colored image 
and being able to put together a card in just a few minutes (literally).

My studio is in a state of disarray right now...
and is in need of some serious cleaning...tidying...and sorting out
and I am wondering (aka hoping) to find a few more hidden treasures like this one.

Wish me luck with the studio tidying that is on my agenda for weekend.
If you don't see me around my blog...or FB on Monday
please send in the troops to search for me...
I will be in there...somewhere...beneath the rubel and chaos!

Have a fabulous Friday my crafty and creative friends.
Thanks for visiting today.
Michelle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!