Saturday, September 30, 2017

Birthday Kids

Before I got ready to put away my Stampin Up KIDS at PLAY stamp set
I had to pair two of the stamps up with a great balloon stamp that I have
to create a few more cards.

I chose the boy stamp and the girl stamp
and added the balloon image from Papertrey Ink's DRESS UP DOLLS BIRTHDAY stamp set

I colored the image with Copic markers...
chose the Happy Birthday sentiment from the CRAZY TALK (Tim Holtz) stamp set...
chose card stock colors for matting and layering
and finished each card with Nuvo Jewel Drops.

and...
this is what I came up with.

I rarely use primary colors when creating cards...
so...for this card...the little boy card
I thought that I'd use primaries...for a change.
I have been searching for a stamp with a great bunch of balloons...(exactly like this one)
for  VERY long time.
I am so happy to have found the ideal balloon stamp recently...
and as even happier to pair it up with images from the KIDS at PLAY stamp set
to create today's cards!


I created a second card...a little girl version...
same sketch..same layout...same elements ...
with a different color palette.

I've enjoyed creating cards with this "oldie but goodie" stamp set
that has been part of my stamp collection for almost 20 years!
and...
I was even happier to add the balloon image to both cards
to create 2 birthday cards that I had envisioned in my mind...
but had never had the "right" balloon image to use.

I'm guessing that this balloon image is going to be one of those stamps
that I use often.
It's definitely a keeper!

Thanks for visiting today my crafty and creative friends!
Wishing you a fantastic day...
Michelle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!