Thursday, September 21, 2017

An Oldie to Make You Smile

Sometimes...
I like to go through my older stamp sets...
Sets that I've had for a very VERY long time...
Love a lot...
and will, most likely...NEVER part with.

I browse through them...
and pull out a set or two that I haven't used in a very very long time...
and then...  I create a few cards
I always find that I enjoy using the set (again) as much as I did in the past
an..
 I'm reminded of WHY I never parted with the stamp set.

Today, I'm sharing a card created with Stampin Up's KIDS AT PLAY stamp set.
A set that was retired in the late 90's...
which should tell you how long I have had it for!
(HINT: Decades)
For me...This set is definitely a "keeper"

Isn't this stamp set adorable?!


CAS is my true style of card making...
so today's card is...of course...very CAS.

I chose the stamp that has both the boy and girl together on one stamp...
Used Copic markers for coloring 
Some PTI dotted print paper..
and  a beige tone (LCI) metallic card stock for matting.
The sentiment is from the Hero Arts HELLO Stamp and Die Set.

I just love this image...and the look on the little girls face.
and...
This sentiment seemed ideal for this sweet card.



While I had this stamp set out...I stamped out a few extra images..
and will create cards with them soon...
(Gotta color them first )

If you've got an oldie but goodie stamp set that you know you will never part with...
How about getting it out today to create a card or two!
You'll be reminded of why you loved the set...and why you have held onto it for so long.
Go on now....
Do it!

Thanks for visiting today my crafty and creative friends!
Wishing you a fabulous day!
Michelle.

4 comments:

  1. Michelle, your card is adorable!!! I love it so much that I searched for this set on ebay and bought it. I love lots of the vintage SU sets and this one is very versatile. Thanks for sharing your card and getting my creativity going this morning. If you have Forest Friends with the little deer, I'd love to see what you would do with that one. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beth...I'm so glad tat you found a little bit of inspiration in this card!
      Have fun with your Kids stamp set when it arrives!
      (not sure if I have Forest Friends..I'll have to check my stash :) )

      Delete

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!