Monday, September 18, 2017

A Baptism Card...Embossed 2 Ways

It's been almost 2 weeks since I've spent time in my studio...
or shared a card here at my blog!

This cutie has been keeping me (VERY) busy.
Jackson...our rescue puppy...
 has been with us for almost 6 weeks now
and we are totally smitten with him.
This little guy... 27 lbs of busy puppy... keeps me on my toes! 

I did manage to get myself into my studio, though
and it felt great to spend to have some creative time.

A friend asked if I could create a baptism card...for a baby girl.
So I put that little card project at the top of my card making list.

I got out Stampin Up's ALL GOD'S GRACE stamp set
Taylored Expressions MY REDEEMER LIVES stamp set
some IVORY and LIGHT PINK METALLIC CARD STOCK... 
VELLUM PAPER
A VERSA MARK INK PAD...
GOLD EMBOSSING POWDER...and my HEAT GUN
 MFT's MINI SCALLOPED STAX DIE SET...
and..
an embossing folder.

And...this is what I cam up with...

A Baptism card for a little baby girl..
with lots of texture and dimension.
I started out by stamping the cross with Versamark Ink 
then heat embossing with Gold EP.
Then hand cut the cross close to the EP outline.
Next,  I cut embossed the scalloped rectangle and the vellum layer.
The sentiment was stamped next...then matted,
I used fun foam, cut to size..to position the scalloped rectangle
and small foam dimensionals to position the embossed cross...and sentiment piece.

I love all of the texture and dimension on this card

When the card was complete..
I sent a photo to the friend who had requested it...and she loved it!
(Which made me happy)

It felt great to spend some time in the studio after 2 weeks of not creating a card!
As Jackson gets bigger...and past his puppy teething phase
He'll be my studio-buddy.
But for now...his studio visits are limited 
because there's just too much within his reach...
that is appealing to his desire to explore...
and CHEW!

Thanks for visiting today!
Wishing you a wonderful day!
Michelle.

2 comments:

  1. Michelle, gorgeous card glad you are back , puppies are great but they wear you out ! And grow up so fast ! Just took care of my friends dog for 10days , he is very we'll mannered ! But took care of him when he was a puppy wow I really do not care for that potty training ! My daughter was potty trained in one weekend at my mom's at 11 months walked at 9 months I was happy ! Glade your back ! 🐢🎈🐢

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Teresa!
    Yes!..Mr Jackson is giving me a workout...LOL
    He will be going to training camp for 2 weeks..leaving at the end of this week...and...Hopefully he will be coming back with exquisite manners! haha

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!