Monday, August 21, 2017

Water Colored Daisies

Sometimes.
I have stamps that I really love...
and use often
DAISY THANKS...by Stampendous...is one of those stamp sets.

This being said...
I haven't used this daisy stamp set in quite a while.
But...I felt like water coloring..and thought that I'd ink up the daisies..
and create a few cards.

I stamped the images onto Spectrum AQUA card stock with Hero Arts INKTENSE ink
and water colored the images with ZIG markers and a water brush.
Each of the backgrounds were painted with Distress ink.
I used an assortment of sentiments for a few different stamp sets
and chose metallic card stock colors that went well with the water colored images
for all of the matting.
To finish each card..I added a few Morning Dew (clear drying) Nuvo Jewel Drops.

I really enjoyed water coloring this daisy image.
Adding and blending color with the ZIG markers allowed me to get the color 
that I wanted for each bloom.
And...using Distress Ink (original...not Oxide) to paint the background was almost magical...
as I was adding different colors to create a background that complemented the daisies.
I chose to add a sympathy sentiment to the first card
I LOVE the combination of Chocolate Brown metallic card stock and Gold metallic card stock 
for matting the layers on this card.
The brown and gold metallics look great with the daisies and their colors.

You can see the Nuvo Jewel Drops in this close up


I added this sweet sentiment ..by Stampin Up...to the 2nd card

When the third and final card was complete...
I splattered a little bit of peeled paint Distress ink on the image panel...
and added a birthday sentiment and Jewel Drops to finish the card


I think that it's easy to see why this DAISY THANKS stamp set is a go-to favorite of mine...
Especially for the times when I feel like water coloring.

Thanks for visiting...
Have a wonderful and creative day, my friends.

2 comments:

  1. Michelle,they are gorgeous! I like them all and they all have their own personality! Happy Monday! 🐢🎈🐢

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!