Friday, August 18, 2017

Poppies.....Two Ways

Hello my crafty and creative friends!
I've got some poppies to share with you today...
Two versions...
Both created with Penny Black's POPPY GEMS stamp
One water colored with Ink(s) (Regular and Distress)
and the other is Copic colored.

I'll share the water colored version first..
I am only partially pleased with this card...
because I hoped to wind up with a deeper red.
I chose black and red card stock for matting...
and finished this card with Nuvo Jewel Drops (Morning Dew...Clear drying)

The second version was colored with Copic markers...
and I WAS able to achieve the depth of color that I wanted.
I am openly saying that THIS version is my favorite of the 2 cards
because the red tones are exactly as I wanted them to be.
I chose the same red and black card stock for matting...
and finished this card with a few crystal sequins.

It felt good to get into my studio for a few hours...
lately my days are dedicated to our newest family member...
who requires LOTS of attention
(and who I can't stop hugging and smooching!)
This little guy is a sweetie...
and I am totally smitten with him
(Look at my boy, Jackson!...And his freckly belly!..Isn't he adorable?)
He was snoozing while I made the poppy cards.
                                       

I hope to take Jackson into the studio with me again tomorrow...
and get back to making a few cards each and every day.
(I adore this puppy...but have REALLY missed being able to spend time in my studio every day)

Have a fabulous Friday, my friends!
and 
thanks for visiting today!
Michelle.

10 comments:

  1. Both are beautiful Michelle, but my favorite of the two, is the watercolor! I just love the look of watercolor! Hi Jackson!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle, the cards are gorgeous! And I love the color's on both ! But most love Jackson he has my favorite toy that I gave my friend Jasper an Australian Shepherd!
    That I take care of when they are out of town ! Have a great weekend with Jackson! ������

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Therese...
      What a lucky dog to have YOU taking care of him...

      Delete
  3. Michelle, both cards are just stunning. But I truly adore the look of watercolor and how you perfectly captured it in the first card! Wonderful work, both of them. You also captured a fabulous picture of that adorable Jackson. He is SO cute, but I'm sure a lot of work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a bunch Linda...
      I am a water coloring lover too...(as you know...lol)
      Jackson is a sweetie...and is so adorable in so many ways...
      and yes...he is lots (aka TONS) of work...BUT...he's a baby...so that's expected...

      Delete

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!