Monday, August 14, 2017

Creating a Stack of Similar....But Different Cards

Hello my crafty and creative friends...
I'm FINALLY back to share a few cards...

Life is a bit topsy turvy these days..(but in a GOOD way)
Our first week with our new puppy, Jackson, hasn't allowed me much time for card making
or anything else for that matter!
It's amazing how one small adorable sweet wonderful puppy 
can somehow change what goes on..or what is routine...in a household & family.

This little guy has been keeping us VERY busy
He is a smart pants...
and is doing great with being trained...sleeping all night...and walking on the leash.
AND...
Jackson now understands "SIT"...and happily gives his paw
(He is a lefty!)
We adore him. 

I DID get myself into my studio twice this week
and enjoyed creating some cards.

I create a stack of 11 cards..
similar..but different...
with a stamp set that I had ordered during one of HSN's crafting days.
The set is called Happy Birthday Critters....by L.D.R.S
Truth be told:
I ordered the stamp and die set because it was kinda cute...
and...
the price was ridiculously wonderful.
This is the set...(by a company that I had never heard of)

I've had this set for quite a while...
and thought that I'd ink it up to create a stack of children's birthday cards.
I used an assortment of prints from different paper pads
and an assortment of solid colored card stock from Stampin Up and LCI
All of he images were colored with Copic markers...
and although this set includes dies..I opted to use my Scan N Cut to cut out each shape
because there were so many.

Each of the large base mats for all of today's cards were embossed with different patterns...
some are embossed with stars...some with dots...
(all are difficult to see in the photos....wish you could see the embossing)
The coral-like color here has small embossed dot -trios.

each of the prints is matter (monochromatically...
in the same color as the larger background card stock.
This card has scattered stars embossed on the large blue layer

The scalloped rectangles were all positioned with fun foam for added dimension
and each the elephant's were positioned using foam dimensionals.
This card was embossed with tiny dots

I stamped and hand cut each of the sentiment banners.
The end of the banner to the far left has a foam dimensional under it...
the right end of the inner has regular adhesive under it
so that it would be balanced over the elevated scalloped rectangle
Each of these large layers are embossed with a tiny star pattern

I enjoyed creating this stack of cards with this nice stamp & die set.
It felt great to spend few hours in my studio
and I'm hoping that as jackson settles in that I can get back to making cards daily
(Wish me luck!)

Thanks for visiting today...
Have a marvelous Monday!
Michelle



6 comments:

  1. Cute cards!!! And perfect for gifts or just to have on hand! Hope that new baby gets in a routine soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chris!
      (Jackson is such a sweet puppy....and he is settled in and feeling very much at home!)....

      Delete
  2. Michelle, they are all so cute ,as well as Jackson ! He has grown a lot! And now he has chosen his team ! The New York Mets ! Cute! Have a great day ! 🎈🐢🎈

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Therese....Jackson is losing his puppy face...(makes me sad)
      and yes..in this house...he had no choice but to be a METS fan! ;)

      Delete
  3. Cute -- both the cards & Jackson! I have a huge soft spot in my heart for dogs -- life wouldn't be much without them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lynn....Jackson is a sweetie...we adore our rescue pup....and feel so fortunate to have him in our family.

      Delete

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!