Saturday, August 19, 2017

A Short Stack of CAS Water Colored Cards

I got out my YOU ARE ENOUGH stamp set (by Concord & 9th)
with the intention of creating one card...for a friend.
But was enjoying water coloring so much...
so I decided to create a short stack of assorted CAS water colored cards..using the same stamp...
and adding an assortment of sentiments from a few different stamp sets.

In addition to the Concord and 9th stamp set...
I did all of the water coloring with ZIG markers.
Background water coloring was done with color from Tombow markers
I used sentiments from Reverse Confetti...Stampin Up...and Hero Arts.
For matting...I used some matte card stock on a few of the cards...
and Metallic card stock on the others.
To finish the cards I added Clear Drying  Morning Dew Nuvo Jewel Drops to one card
and Crystal sequins to the others.

This is the original card that I wanted to create for a friend who is fighting a huge cancer battle

I continued on with another pink version...
and switched up the sentiment.

I love this large flower...
The design is beautiful...and is ideal size for an A2 card...and is very CAS
(Right up my alley!)
I also love that it gives the appearance of being transparent.

I used a sympathy sentiment of the last of the 4 cards
and switched to Nuvo Drops (instead of sequiins)
Sequins just never seem be appropriate for a sympathy card...
they're a bit too bling-y, I think)

I am a lover of water coloring...
for me..it's relaxing..and enjoyable..
I stopped myself after creating 4 cards...because it was getting late
but truthfully....I probably could have just continued on and made many more.

Thanks for visiting today...
have a wonderful Saturday...
Michelle

2 comments:

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!