Sunday, July 2, 2017

Water Colored Wild Roses

I've been in my "happy place" since last week.
Actually...my "happy place"... x's 2.
HP #1...I've been spending tons of time in my studio 💓
HP #2. I've been doing tons of water coloring. 💓

Today I've got 2 cards to share with you...
They're similar...but a bit different.
Both were created with Sheena Douglass' Hibiscus and Wild Rose stamp set.
(I used the wild rose stamp for both cards)

I stamped the image with Versa Mark Ink on Spectrum Noir AQUA card stock
and heat embossed it with Sparkle n Sprinkle Gold Embossing powder.
I "painted" the images with a combination of ZIG markers and Altenew ink pads.
(Both are faves of mine for water coloring)

The metallic gold and metallic green mat layers are both from LCI
and the sentiment is from Penny Black's SNIPPET stamp set. 


For the second card...I chose softer colors...and a print for one of the matting layers.
The solid mat layers are metallic card stock.
The print colors...image colors...and matting color all come together nicely, I think.
The sentiment used here is also from the SNIPPETS stamp set.
(A very versatile set with LOTS of sentiment options)


I've been enjoying water coloring...
and have pulled out some stamp sets that I'd like to water color this coming week.
I'm to sure when this water coloring "Kick" might end...
I'm thinking...NOT anytime soon....
Simply because I am enjoying it so much.
(I haven't done any water coloring since last Fall)

Thanks for visiting today...
Have a wonderful Sunday!
Michelle.


5 comments:

  1. So beautiful, just hopped over from Facebook, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning! Thanks for the inspiration. I'm going to have to try it myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle, these have got to be one of my most favorite 🌺 They are gorgeous 🌝

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow love the colours on the first one ..sheena douglas is so clever I love watching her demos on our craft channels ,and you cant beat roses x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!