Saturday, July 15, 2017

Transparent Vellum...A little Bit of Love...a Beautiful Print...and Some Die Cutting

If you visit my blog regularly
You'll recognize this bold purple print.
I created a group of cards a few days ago...
featuring a beautiful purple print...and LCI GMUND TRANSPARENT VELLUM

Today...I am using the LEAF GREEN Vellum, from the same paper collection,
and I'm combining it with the same beautiful print...
some glitter paper
a little bit of stamping..
and some die cutting.
This is the one of the cards that I shared a few days ago...


This Die....HEART FULL OF LOVE...by MFT
has 2 dies..
A solid heart...and the LOVE heart
I cut one of each...using LEAF GREEN vellum for the solid shaped heart
and purple glitter paper for the one piece love outline heart.
Once both pieces were die cut..I used liquid adhesive 
around the edges and behind  LOVE to put them together..
Next...I used the same liquid adhesive all around the back edges of the layered heart piece
and positioned it on the card front.
I stamped the words..
matted them with the green velum... positioned them with foam dimensionals.

And wha-la!
A card!

I've been trying the LCI GMUND  TRANSPARENT  Vellum for a few days now
and so far...the velum worked well with each of my card making ideas.

I've always found it a challenge to find velum...in clear...or colors...
that I liked..
I think that problem may now be resolved!
Next up...I'm going to give embossing a try with the LCI Vellum..
I have a CAS card in mind...
and am hoping that this vellum holds up well to embossing.

 I'll be giving the embossing  a try in a day or two...
so be sure to stop back to see how the embossing turns out!

Have a great day, my crafty and creative friends!
Michelle!

4 comments:

  1. Really pretty cards! Thanks for the creative inspiration. You are motivating me to unpack my craft room that has been in suspended animation since the "not so Great flood of Aug 2016"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Turtle,Therese Marquez,
    Michelle another gorgeous Saturday card in my favorite purple color!
    And the green looks really great ,I will have to try color's only have used white!
    Along time ago ,the attaching is the tricky part so that it. Stays and doesn't show! Happy weekend! 🎈🎈🐢

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many gorgeous cards, great inspiration for a beginner card maker to see what they can eventually do with practice

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many gorgeous cards, great inspiration for a beginner card maker to see what they can eventually do with practice

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!