Saturday, July 29, 2017

Something Itty ...Something Bitty

I'm so excited about today's card sharing.
Yesterday... my crafty pal Debbie (M) joined me in the studio
for  day of card making...
We were in the studio doing nothing but card making from 11 am until after 8 pm...
We barely ate....forgot to hydrate ourselves...
and between us only 3 trips were made to the ladies room
(One trip of which was mine!)

We were in our happy place...our card making zone..
and nothing was going to interrupt it!

When Debbie arrived...she took out a stamp set that I instantly became smitten with.
She was so kind...and invited me to stamp out some  images 
to create some cards my own.

I took her up on the offer!

I stamped out 8 of the large image from 
Neat and Tangled Itty Bitty Welcoming Committee...
I got out my Copic and Markers....and started coloring.
When the images were colored....I cut them out with the Scan N Cut.
I chose some dotted Papertrey Ink in two different colors...
and...some solid colored card stock for matting....
I got out some fun foam and some foam dimensionals...
My Big Shot...and MFT's Mini Scalloped Rectangle Dies...
Clarity Stencil Brushes...
and a few ink pads.
and then...
 the card making began!

I created 8 cards total...
4 in colors that are ideal for welcoming a baby boy...
and 4 in colors that work well for a baby girl.

First....the boy-friendly version...
The bunny and the banner are both highlighted in a turquoise-like color...
I used fun foam to position the scalloped layer..
and foam dimensionals for the large image piece and the tiny little chick.
Adding dimension to this card was the way to go!
Can you see why I was immediately and totally  smitten with this stamp set?
I LOVE this stamp set!
(I MUST HAVE THIS STAMP SET)


The baby girl-friendly version is identical to the card above....
except for the color palette...and the addition of the tiny pink bow.
(I created blue bows for the card above...but opted not to use them...
to my eye....they just didn't seem to sit right on the bunny or lamb's neck...)

It as love at first sight for me and this stamp set...
and it was the same kind of love when I finished creating this stack of 8 cards!
I have a feeling that now..
after seeing these cards...
that YOU understand the "smitten"....and the "love at first sight" thing...  

As for me...
I am on my way NOW to order this wonderful stamp set.
Thank you Debbie M for you'd kindness in sharing this stamp with with me!

Have a great Saturday, my crafty and creative friends!
Michelle.

2 comments:

  1. Michelle,so cute ! Now I want somebody to gave a baby 🍼 so I would have a reason to make this card ! So so cute ! Just doing the wedding cards ! Now for three friends ! Give them a year or two! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Therese...with weddings happening now...you'll need to be making baby cards SOON!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!