Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Brutus Monroe Botanical Background ....Day 4....Version 4

Well...
It's Day 4...and Version 4 of my Brutus Monroe Botanical Background card making!
I've color splashed the  BOTANICAL BACKGROUND image.
I've colored the image with Spectrum Noir (alcohol) markers...
And...I've colored the image with Polychromos Pencils.
and then...
It was time to heat emboss and water color the image.!

I am excited to share this card with you!
You know how I LOVE to heat emboss and water color!

Here's what I did:
I stamped the image with Versamark ink onto a piece of Spectrum Aqua Card Stock.
Next...I heat embossed it with Sparkle n Sprinkle Bronze Embossing Powder
Then..
I got out some Altenew ink pads..and a Stampin Up Turquoise ink pad..
my paint brushes..some tiles to lay the ink down on...and pick it up from
and an H2O misting bottle...
I also needed a large oval die...I chose a stitched oval die....
Some LCI metallic card stock...and print paper
(Both the print and metallic were chosen after the image was painted...
I chose a sentiment from Penny Black's Heartfelt (Thanks) stamp set.
When I had everything out on the studio worktable... got busy water coloring.


Heat embossing & water coloring 
are probably my favorite things to do when creating a card.
I TRULY enjoyed creating this card from start to finish.
I don't use bronze embossing powder often
and I'm glad that I chose it for this card.
Although, I have to note: Because the images very details...there's lots of embossing ...which sometimes doesn't translate to looking nice.
BUT...even tho I had some reservations abut the embossing on this image once it was done...
I wound up liking it (a lot) after the image was painted and die cut and made into a card.
(At first...I wasn't so sure, though)
You can see all of the embossed detail that I'm describing...in this photo


After the image was water colored..
I set the stitched ova die...offset...over the image
and die cut the shape that I wanted ...with one flat straight cut side.


Next.I stamped the sentiment and hand cut the banner and matted it.
 I began putting the card together...
and this is what I whipped up!

The bronze metallic card stock works well as the larger mat for this card
and I'm happy with the barn wood print and it's contrast to the mat...
as well as the way it coordinates with the water colored image.
I'm also happy with my choice to create the flat-sided-oval

A large oval shaped piece of fun foam adds nice dimension to this card



I have so enjoyed creating cards with this fabulous Botanical Background stamp.
The image is wonderful..
It has a bit of a vintage look...
and worked nicely with each of the "coloring" techniques that Ive tried during these last 4 days.
The blooms looks beautiful when color splashed...
and...the image is so lovely when colored with Polychromos Pencils
and..
I love the look achieved with heat bossing and water coloring

I like knowing that in the future..
I can take this stamp out..
and will always have multiple options for creating cards.

I hope that you've enjoyed seeing the versatility of Brutus Monroe's
Botanical Background stamp.
Thanks for visiting...and for following along 
as I shared these 4 days of  Botanical Background cards with you!
Michelle
PS
I should have mentioned this early on...on Day 1
I am not affiliated with Brutus Monroe.
I am just a card maker like each of you...
who enjoys sharing what she creates.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card. I love the layout, I never think to cut out a circle or oval from what I color. Thanks for sharing and inspiring us.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!