Thursday, July 27, 2017

Brown Magic

Hello my crafty and creative friends!

Today, I'm sharing a card created with a twist ...
Instead of creating a card with the Black magic technique of coloring...
I'm creating a "Brown magic" card
by using brown metallic card stock as the base for stamping and coloring the image.

I stamped the chosen images from
Penny Black's DAHLIAS stamp set
onto brown LCI metallic card stock with White Stampin Up Craft Ink.
The ink is thick...and takes quite a while to dry...
so I sped up the drying process with a heat gun.
After the ink was dry...I colored the stamped images with Faber Castell  Polychromos pencils
making sure to choose colors that would blend nicely together.
When the images were colored..
I chose metallic card stock colors that complemented the image... for matting.
I positioned the matted image layer with  large rectangular piece of fun foam for dimension and lift.

Somewhere along the way...
the colored images started taking on an Autumn look...
So I chose a Thanksgiving sentiment to finish this card.


This stamp set is a go-to stamp set for me...I've created cards with it countless times.
The images are a nice size for coloring....
They're great for both water coloring...and pencil coloring
and the images work well when stamped together in a grouping...
as I did today...
Or when used alone.

Now that I've given "Brown magic" a try...
I am wondering what other "Magic" colors I should consider trying....

Have a great day...
and thanks for visiting!
Michelle.


2 comments:

  1. Michelle,I am late today! Love the brown ,the card is stunning! Like the pop of the leaves ! 🐢🎈🐢

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Therese...and thanks for making my blog one of your daily stops! <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!