Saturday, June 10, 2017

BIG Wet Kisses

I've finally gotten back to using the last few colored images 
from my BIG Stack of 145 Stamped and Colored Images.
(I got sidetracked for a while working on other card projects 
and had abandoned my stack of colored images.)

This time...I pulled out a group of really cute fish images
from a Sparkle N Sprinkle stamp set called Big Wet Kisses
The sentiment was chosen from Concord & 9th's Love You. Mean It stamp set

I colored the images with Copic markers.
I also decided to do some inking with Ranger's Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Ink
on some great green LCI Card Stock....
as opposed to the usual white card stock that I use most often when inking.
The image layer is matted in a beautiful deep turquoise-like card stock..also from LCI.
(A favorite of mine)

Here's the Distress inking...on the green card stock...after being spritzed with water.
(I created 4 panels...to create 4 cards)
I was very pleased with how the ink looked on the green card stock.


I trimmed the images to a squared shape..and matted each image panel
The Concord & 9th Sentiment is ideal for this image, I think!
and...
The Distress Ink background is EXACTLY what I had in mind 
when this card existed only in my crafty little head.
*Not sure if you can see them...
but there's a sprinkling of Nuvo Jewel Drops on the inked area of the card


I really enjoyed creating each of today's cards...
The image was fun to color...and I really enjoyed creating the inked background...
(and...YES!...Distress OXIDE Inks ARE THAT GOOD!)

I'm thinking that I will revisit this stamp/card when Valentine's Day rolls around
to create a few of this card with a different color palette.

Thanks for visiting today my crafty and creative friends...
Have a super Saturday!
Michelle

4 comments:

  1. OMG, I LOVE YOUR WHIMPSEY. YOU MAKE ME LAUGH, THANK YOU! SO HAPPY YOU RELEASE SUCH A BEAUTIFUL CARD OUT OF YOUR LIL HEAD...CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THE VALENTINE VERSION...I CAN ONLY IMAGINE.... THANKS FOR YOUR BLOG AND MEETING YOU ON FB. <3 WITH ALL RESPECT AND GRACES. YVONNE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thought I'd pop over and visit you here Michelle. Lovely quirky card. Hugs. Bev. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!