Sunday, May 14, 2017

Dogs and Paw Prints....Day 2

Happy Sunday!
and
Happy Mother's Day

Today...I am remembering my Mom....
This is the very first photo taken of us together...
Taken right after I was born...
1957...


I'm back on this beautiful Sunday to share the card that I mentioned here at my blog yesterday.
(The card that I wanted to create around the black and white version 
of the Bordeaux colored paw print ribbon that I used on yesterday's card)

If you visited yesterday you know all about DecoFun Bow Maker  paw print ribbon 
that I used yesterday....and loved.
*If you missed it...
scroll past this blog post later...and take a peek at yesterdays blog post below.....
You'll see the gorgeous Bordeaux colored ribbon there...

As soon as I had the black and white version in my crafty little hands..
I had a vision in my crafty little noggin for a card that would be ideal for using the ribbon.

Before I share a photo of the card...
Let me tell you a little bit about the supplies, first.

Card stock: I used Metallic card stock for all matting...embossing...and die cutting.
Embossing: Swiss Dots embossing folders
The dies: Once again...by a favorite company of mine that is no longer in business (Top Dog Dies)

So what do you think?
Aren't the Scotties adorable?
And how about the black and white version of the paw print ribbon!
Isn't it perfect for a black and white Scotty card?
And...
I just had to dress each of the Scotties up with a bow tie!

I'm happy about how the metallics all come together nicely on this card.
The addition, the embossed deep red metallic is a nice contrast to the white and black
color-wise and texture-wise.
For a little bit of extra dimension....I popped the Scotties up on foam dimensionals.

This card is exactly what I envisioned and had in my crafty little head...
 and told you about yesterday when I shared the other card here at my blog yesterday.
and...finally....The ribbon...
It's soft an silky...just like the Bordeaux colored ribbon that I used yesterday...
and so...I am liking it....a lot.
The quality is really nice.

So what do you think?
Isn't the black and white paw print ribbon perfect for this card?

If you want to see all of the ribbon colors available
take a peek at the DecoFun Bow Maker web site.
*Check out the nautical ribbon while you're there....it's beautiful!
(I have it...and it's gorgeous)
I have a friend who cruises all of the time...and scraps her cruising adventures...
I know that she is going to love that ribbon when she sees it.

So...now...
is it possible that I have become a bit of a ribbon "liker"??
The answer just night be yes...
Thanks to this beautiful ribbon!

Thanks for visiting today my crafty and creative friends...
I hope that if Mother's Day is a holiday that you celebrate...
that you have a beautiful day today.
Michelle.

2 comments:

  1. Michelle I think I clicked a ❤on every post of this card 😱 I asked in one of them the name of the stamp/ die Set! I found my answer above😔 I still ❤❤ your card!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww...thanks Gayle....
      I'll never stop wishing that Top Dog would come back...I miss that company so much

      Delete

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!