Friday, May 5, 2017

A Graduation Card with a Beautiful Quote

I still need to build up my graduation card stash...
so I spent a littler bit of time creating a few more graduation cards.

The graduation card that I shared yesterday was a die cut card...
Today...I am sharing a stamped card with a beautiful quote.

The quote stamp is from a friends stamp company that is no longer in business...
I was fortunate to have the opportunity to purchase lots of her sentiment and quote stamps before the business closed.
The small graduation cap die cut is by Taylored Expressions and is called HATS OFF

I used black, green and gold metallic card stock to create 2 versions of this card
and I embossed the gold mat layer with a graduation cap embossing folder.


 As you probably already know...
I am a true blue CAS (Clean And Simple) card maker..
So the look of the cards that I'm sharing today are really very reflective of my style.
Clean lines
Simple sketch
Lots of matting.
Some texture.


The green matted version was created for a specific person...
(The black mats were created for general use)
I opted to make a wider mat layer on the green version....because I wanted the green to show more.
I just LOVE this quote stamp.
It's perfect for a graduation card, I think.
And the small die cut graduation cap is an ideal size for a card like this.
I'm happy that I chose to emboss the large gold mat layer with the graduation cap embossing folder....
It adds some nice texture and interest to this very CAS card


Here's the black matted version.
Same sketch...
Same quote...
Same elements.


I created 4 of this card...
3 with black matting...
and 1 with green matting.

If I need more graduation cards during the next few months...
I'll create a few more of this card....simply because I like it ...a lot.

Now that I've got a little graduation card stash on hand...
I can move on to making Father's Day cards
(I've already created enough Mother's Day cards)

I have a few ideas in my crafty little head for Father's Day cards...
and am looking forward to getting started on them!

Thanks for visiting today. my crafty and creative friends.
I always enjoy hearing what you think..
If you'd like to leave a comment below...I'd love it!

Have a wonderful and creative day!
Michelle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!