Sunday, April 2, 2017

Thank You Cards....continued

I've had a nice...but busy weekend...Not much time for card making...
My sweetheart and I visited my daughter at college ....
she is a Senior this year...and will graduate in May...
This was her last Sorority Songfest performance..
and we didn't want to miss it.
We had a fantastic time...and it was wonderful to visit and see my sweet beautiful daughter perform....along with her "sisters".
The show was wonderful...lots of fun...
Most of all....I loved seeing Chelsea...in her college environment...
with her friends...enjoying college life!
(I can't believe that she will be graduating in May!!)



I did manage to squeeze in a teeny bit of card making...
and...I've got Part II of my Thank You cards to share with you today.

I went through my stack of colored images...
and was happy to pull out a few beautiful floral images
from Penny Black's Fresh stamp set.
I used Hero Arts Happy Stamp/Die set for the sentiment
It's one of my favorite sentiment sets...
(I actually like the entire series...Thank You...Happy...Congrats...and Hello)
I use all of them...all of the time.

I only needed  few more Thank You cards 
so I created 3 with this beautiful floral image
Two reds
One orange

I had a gorgeous 12 x 12 print that was perfect for the 2 red versions of this card.
I almost hated to cover most of the print up which the image layer...
but, even when covered...you can still see the gorgeous pattern peeking out from behind the image..
and I was very happy with how it looked...
so...I used it!
(I'm giving you an extra large view of the cards so that you can see that print)
You can also see the soft shimmer of Clear Wink of Stella on the flowers
I used metallic card stock for all of the matting...and for all of the sentiments...on all 3 cards


Be still my heart!
This is another gorgeous print.
I just HAD to use it.
I used bronze metallic card stock for matting and layering
Orange and bronze....they're meant to be together.
Background color was added to each of the cards with Clarity Stencil Brushes.


And...
here's that gorgeous print again...
It was part of a paper pad...
I wish that they sold it in 12 x 12 singles...
I'd buy a ton of it (aka ...I'd HOARD a ton of it)
I love how the black and red and green all come together...
The metallic card stock mats are perfect for this card, I think.


So...my Thank You cards are officially done...
and they are on their way ...as we speak... to each of the much loved friends and family members
who celebrated my 60th birthday with me.

I'm excited to continue on with using my wonderful stack of 145 colored images!
There are so many card making possibilities hidden in that stack!
I wonder which images I'll choose to create with next (?)

Thanks for visiting, my crafty and creative friends...
have a wonderful Sunday...
and don't forget to dedicate a little piece of your day to doing something creative!
Michelle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!