Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Summer of Love

Penny Black is one of my favorite stamp companies...
(I also love PB 6x6 paper pads!) 

Today...
I'm sharing a few cards...
They're similar...
but different...
each created with the same Penny Black stamp: Summer Love

I enjoyed choosing colors for the images...which I colored with Copics.
Background color was added with Clarity Stencil Brushes and ink pads.
Pairing colored images up with print paper and mat colors is something that I really enjoy.
The Mini Scalloped die is also a fave of mine...and it's by MFT (My Favorite Thing)
I added a few little dots of Nuvo Drops on each card...and twine on two of the cards.
I left the inside blank...
leaving the option opened for choosing sentiments in the future...
or not.

Look at these two buddies!
Aren't they adorable?
There's so much that I love about this stamped image...
The clothes..the untied shoelace...the pigtails..ice cream cones....
his baggy pants and pokey hair...and their arms around one another's shoulders.
(NOTE: It's only normal that an ice cream lover like myself would give special attention to the "flavors" of the ice cream...
so...here we have mint chocolate chip on the left...and double chocolate fudge on the right!)

I used the same print here...same twine...
But I used different colors for the image.
I liked the addition of blue in this mix of colors
(Ice cream flavors:  French vanilla on the right and mint chocolate chip on the left)


I'm not a fan of chevron prints
but this chevron just might lead me to change my mind.
(Ice cream flavors: Strawberry with sprinkles on the left..and Chocolate on the right)


Is it okay to admit that I have a favorite?
(This might be it!)
You know me....I love my little Swiss dot prints...
and I love the colors ...
(Ice cream flavors: It seems that our pigtailed friend on the left really loves mint chocolate chip...
and her buddy on the right loves chocolate...and is all about double chocolate fudge for him!)


I feel like I almost always say the same thing at the end of most of my blog posts...
and here I go...saying it again...
I had fun creating all of the cards that I've shared with you today!
The coloring...the paper...the matting...the embellishing...
and keeping it all very CAS (Clean And Simple)
all reflect my style of card making...
and always make my time creating cards a joy!

Thanks for visiting my crafty and creative friends...
Have a wonderful day!
Michelle

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful. My favourite is the navy background.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diane!...I think that the navy background might be my fave too!

      Delete

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!