Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Strawberries....Basket of Wishes Day 1

Sometimes...images can be larger than life..
filling an entire card front..and being able to stand alone...

And...
sometimes...
a tiny image can make a big statement
and works beautifully with other elements  like print paper..embellishments..matting etc

Today I am sharing a small image...
a basket of strawberries 
from Stampin Up's BASKET of WISHES stamp set
(Tomorrow, I'll share the flower basket image...from the same stamp set)

As you probably already know..
I am a CAS (Clean and Simple) card maker...
So it goes without saying that the cards that I am sharing today
are right up my alley!
Clean...Crisp...and uncluttered.


For today's cards:
The English Tea Party Doily Die is by Cheery Lynn
Stitched Arch STAX die is by MFT
The square scalloped dies...and the Ribbon Banner dies are by Spellbinders
Background color (image and banner) were created what Clarity stencil brushes and ink pads.
Doily and matting layers are metallic card stock
Print is from a paper pad.
I used the GEMINI die cutting machine

I never have any Get Well cards on hand...
so I started out with a Get Well card.
For each of today's sentiment banners..I cut two...
and used the solid metallic card stock banner piece  as a mat...behind the stamped sentiment piece.

One pass through the GEMINI die cutting machine cut this doily die completely...
No poking out of the teeny little pieces...
The GEMINI is a dream!

Next up...
Just for You


I like the banner contour for this card...and the get Well card above.
It's perfect for nestling against an arched shape, I think.

For the 3rd card...I switch it up a bit...
And created a vertical card...
and used square die cut shapes...
and a different banner for the sentiment.


You can see the sentiment banner matting nicely here...
and the sheer velum layer beneath the red scalloped mat layer.
I matted the image layer with black metallic card stock for a nice finished look.


This small little image..
a simple basket of strawberries...
makes a wonderful focal image on a card front
when used with other elements that highlight it and some the spotlight on it.

I'm looking forward to sharing a few cards with you tomorrow...
A simple..small basket of flowers...
also created with this SU stamp set.

Until then...
Thanks for visiting, my friends...
and..
Have a wonderfully creative day!
Michelle.


1 comment:

  1. Your cards always make me smile. They are so beautiful. Thank you for sharing and nice blog... <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!