Monday, April 17, 2017

Mr. & Mrs. x's 6!

A friend asked me create a few wedding  cards...
so that's what keep me busy this weekend!

I'm grateful that my friend needed wedding cards...
because I have been thinking (not creating...just thinking)...
that I SHOULD get busy making some wedding cards.
So when my friend asked...
it inspired me to make a few cards.
A few for her..and a few for my stash.

I created 5 x 7 cards...something that I don't do too often...
but A2 always seems too small, to me, for wedding cards...
so 5 x7 it was!
I was happy to use a larger sized Darice bride and groom die
that I've had for a while..but hadn't tried...yet.

I also decided to use some die favorites
Crafter's Companion Mr & Mrs...and their heart die set.

I also used Crafter's Companion Mirror card stock (gold)
Crafter's Companion foiled vellum...
and some other metallic card stock colors (not Crafter's Companion)

I created three versions of one card
and three of the other...
for 6 cards total.

Here they are:
First...the bride and groom silhouette cards

*NOTE: the foiled roses are silver...
some of the photos picked up the reflection of my Tshirt color...
and made the roses look like they have a teal color tint.

This version has some rhinestones...
and lots of shimmer and shine from the metallic card stock and foiled card stock


This version has some sheer ribbon and a side bow...
and the sketch is a bit different...with the print being a smaller piece
and the bride and groom layer being offset a bit to the right.
Because more of the largest black layer wold be showing...
I embossed it for some added texture
(This photo really picked up my Tshirt color in the roses at the bottom of the card.)


and this versions...
just a band of sheer ribbon behind the silhouette die cut.
You can see the shimmer on the black metallic card stock used for the bride and groom die cut.


And...
the gold Mr. & Mrs. cards...

I made 2 of this card...
I used the gold mirror card stock as the largest mat layer...
Then I matted the gold vine patterned velum on gold dust metallic card stock.
I used the gold dust metallic to die cut the heart...
and the gold mirror  card stock for the Mr. & Mr. die cut.
I added a few rhinestones to the Mr. & Mr.

I used the same sketch for this card...but switched up the vellum
and went with the gold damask velum this time.

I'm so glad that my friend asked for a few wedding cards...
It was exactly what I needed to get started with creating a few  wedding cards
for my stash.
Best of all..
my friend liked what I created...
and was happy to choose two cards...for the weddings that she will be going to soon.

Thanks for visiting my blog today,  my crafty and creative friends.
Have a wonderful day!
Michelle.

2 comments:

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!