Monday, April 3, 2017

Graduation Season is Near...Dorothy Said It

Graduation season is near...
and a friend asked me to make a card for her...that I've made before.
My friend loved the quote..and the image...
and she thought that the card was ideal for her daughter's graduation.

So I got out my Dorothy and Toto stamp
The stamp was an ETSY find...so I don't have a company name...
the stamp was delivered to me as naked red rubber
no identifying info with ...or on the stamp.
(*** If you are loving this stamp and want to find it on line...
go to ETSY (.com)...and enter Dorothy Wizard of Oz rubber stamp and hit SEARCH

I also got out the Impression Obsession Dorothy Said It quote stamp...
Copic markers...and metallic card stock...
And..
I decided that IF I had to create one of this card...I might as well create 8...
being that graduations will be starting soon.
So that's what I did.

I created 8 of the same card...
I matted 4 of the images with red metallic card stock
and 4 with gold metallic card stock.

Here's the gold metallic matting...
It has a really great magical sparkle to it

I brushed on background color with Clarity Stencil Brushes and ink lifted from ink pads.
I added a little bit of Clear Wink of Stella to Dorothy's shoes.
Call me silly...but I like the connection between the gold metallic matting 
and the infamous "Yellow brick road".



The next 2 photos have red metallic matting...
also shimmery and sparkly... 


I like how the red metallic matting is a nice complement to Dorothy's sparkly shoes.

My own daughter graduates college this May...
If she hadn't seen this card already...I would be giving one to her ...
(but...that won't do...so I'll have to whip up something else for my own daughter...
and my friend can give one of these to her daughter 
But for my daughter's card ...
It's in to the studio and back to the drawing board for me!

Thanks for visiting today...
Have a wonderful Monday, my crafty and creative friends!
Michelle.

1 comment:

  1. This is really cute. I love everything about this card. I am struggling with a graduation card decision, at the moment, this would have been perfect. Thank you, for sharing. I am becoming a new follower. We have a likeness in styles. Hope you will come over and follow me, too. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!