Friday, April 7, 2017

Gorgeous and Gold....and a Few Tips & Tricks!

I've been trying to catch up on card requests from friends...
I don't want to "jinx" myself..
BUT...I THINK that with the completion of this card...I might be caught up and current
At least for a few hours...haha.

Today's card was created for a friend who asked for an engagement card.
As soon as my friend mentioned engagement...
I immediately had a card in mind.

So I got out some great Crafter's Companion paper and dies...
and got busy creating the card that I had in mind.

I usually list the supplies that I use for a card...
But for today's card...I'll just post a photo...so you can see each item.

Not a very fancy schmancy photo...
But I thought that you might like to see everything.
The mirror card stock and foiled card stock pad are gorgeous...
Both are very heavy weight...beautiful rich colors...and the foiled details on the prints. are beautiful.
Because I liked it so much when I used it for the first time a few months ago...
I ordered (aka HOARDED) a bunch more ASAP!

Everything used to create this card is from the Forever Together collection...
with the exception the heart dies....that are from the Love & Romance Collection.
*Missing from the photo is the generic brand vellum that was used for the heart die cut.


Here's some info about the card

I chose the Congratulations foiled print from the pad......and Gold Mirror card stock.
I cut two champagne flutes and the Celebrate word die cut with the gold mirror card stock.
I cut one heart..using the largest heart die in the set
Putting the card together was a cinch.
I positioned the gold mat layer onto the base card first...
Then...topped it with the Congratulations print.
Next....I positioned the champagne flutes using foam dimensionals....
I criss-crossed the stems.


And now...
HERE'S Tip/Trick #1....
(I've been doing this one for decades)

 I wanted to lift the Celebrate die cut a bit...but it's too narrow for foam dimensionals.
and so...I used my little trick ....rolled glue dots to do that 
(instead of foam dimensionals...because the die cut is very narrow...)
Once rolled, the glue dots were positioned strategically behind the "Celebrate" ...
where the font lines are a bit thicker.
Once I had placed glue dots behind Celebrate
I positioned the sentiment die cut onto the vellum heart and attached it by pressing gently ..'
allowing the glue dots to stick to the vellum 
(Don't press too hard...you don't  want to flatten them out....
because then your "rolling" would have been a waste of time


and...
HERE'S Tip/Trick #2...
 The VELLUM tip/trick that some of you have asked me about in the past:

After the Celebrate die cut was positioned onto the vellum heart
I turned the heart over...so that the back of the heart was facing upward.
I  then placed a few rolled glue dots in places that were behind the font lines of the Celebrate die cut.
I placed one rolled glue dot behind each of the shorter letters (the 3 e's...the r...and the a)
...and 2 behind the taller letters (L & B)
**BUT...I was careful to NOT place them in a place that would be over a rolled glue dot 
that I had placed behind the on the Celebrate  die cut. 
When the glue dots were in place on the back of the vellum heart...
I turned the heart over...right side up...and  positioned the heart over the Champagne flutes...
pressing down lightly to secure the heart .


Here's a close-up...
Look at that gold card stock...it's so pretty!
And the "Celebrate" pops off of the card.
Do you see any glue showing through the vellum heart?
Nope!
Even if you keep looking you won't find any!


And that's it!
The Celebrate die cut has a bit of dimension thanks to the rolled glue dots behind each letter...
and...
 There aren't any visible adhesive issues...where the vellum heart is concerned.

For me...
This is "Card request success"!
I had fun creating this card...
and my friend is very happy with what I whipped up for her!

I hope that you enjoyed the walk-through of how I created this card...
and I also hope that one day...in your card making  future... 
that you find that my 2 little tips/tricks come in handy!

Have a great day my crafty and creative friends!
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!