Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Beautiful Maia...

Maia is one of a few stamps that I now own from the Prima Princess Collection of stamps.

For me...this stamp is a step out of my own personal norm...
It's not the "usual" style of stamp that I'm generally interested in...and create cards with.

But when I saw this stamp in a little stamp  shop while away on vacation...
along with a few other stamps from the Princess collection...
I knew that I had to bring it home.

Maia is a large stamp...
large enough to fill the front of an A2 card front.
and..
Maia is so lovely...
more than capable of being the focal point of a CAS card.

I chose to use Copic markers for coloring...
and went with giving Maia a darker complexion  ...because she looked...to me....
to be an Island girl.

So, what do you think?
Isn't Maia beautiful?


I double matted the image with pink and green metallic card stock
to complement the colors used to color the image.
I added some background color with Clarity Stencil Brushes and ink pads...
but kept that addition of background color very light...
so as to not take away from the beautiful colors of the flowers...and Maia's complexion.
I chose not to add a sentiment...
Making this card a very CAS note card. 

 I showed the finished card to my sweetheart and a friend...
Both remarked about Maia's lip...
thinking that it looked "weird"...because the top lip is very full...
 and...there really isn't much of a bottom lip.

I agreed..but the full upper lip and minimal lower lip didn't take away from me liking this image...
and..
I'm very glad that I ventured away from my normal stamp choices and purchased this stamp...
and gave it  try.

Thanks for visiting today, my crafty and creative friends...
Have a wonderful day...
Michelle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!