Monday, February 20, 2017

Quickie Cards in Flash!

A few weeks ago....
I found some fantastic St. Patrick's themed 12 x 12 print paper 
at Scrap-A-Latte ....a wonderful  local stamp and scrap shop.
The owner, Renee, has a great eye for beautiful print paper...
and I always looks forward to stopping in at the shop to check out her latest acquisitions!
And...as it always seems to go....
some of the double sided paper had something wonderful on both sides...
so I picked up extras of those 1 2 x 12's.

One of the sheets had a great little journal card style print.
Some great prints...and some great sayings & quotes.

I had fun creating this group of cards....
No ink...no stamping...no coloring...
Just me...the 12 x 12's...some card stock...
a die & a die cutting machine...a trimmer...and my ATG gun!

Fun...simple...and easy...

And this is what I wound up with....

Caution: Lots of photos coming up....

This one cracked me up....
The base card here is smaller  than a standard A2 card...
and the mattered quote layer extends beyond the card base...on  each side


And this one was my sweethearts favorite.

Cute...perfect for me....a meatball rolling -sauce stirring Italian girl


I love this one because I used a pretty eyelet die as a mat layer....
(Sadly...the company that made this die went out of business...)
I've had this die for a long time...and this was the first time I used it...
and...I am smitten....
 It was love at first sight!


Simple...and nice....
(Info about the clover die follows below)


My sweetheart 's favorite quote again...
same quote...different sketch..print paper...and matting


It's always a nice card ...when a banner is included...

Very sweet quote.
Here's another card made with  that smaller base card again...

haha...cute....
I used this four leaf clover on a few cards the other day..
There were lots of inquiries about this die..
If you're liking it...and want to check it out....
The die info is: Four Leaf Clover....by Frantic Stamper.


and here's my favorite quote again...
this time with the pretty eyelet die cut mat lawyer that I love so much 


I created duplicate cards with of a few of the cut "journal cards....
and now...I believe that I have more than enough St Patrick's Day cards in my card stash

I'm so glad that I picked up a few of this  style 12 x 12 print...
It was a fun and easy...and speedy way to make a few cards...
Nothing fancy...
just a few basic cards...

This leaves me with an interest in purchasing more 12 x 12's t
that have the "journal card" print on one side...
I see that paper...and I see card making  possibilities!

I wound up liking that eyelet die a lot....
so I've left it out on the studio worktable...
and I plan on making some more cards with it  soon.

Thanks so much for visiting today....
Wishing you a wonderful day that's sprinkled with happiness and a little bit of creativity!
Michelle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!