Saturday, February 18, 2017

Pretty Birthday Ballerinas

I usually do straight up card cutting...
standard A2 cards...
and I almost always use them in the vertical position.

BUT....
I thought that I'd dig into my shaped card dies..and see what I might have...
to switch things up a bit.
I realized that I have quite a few card dies...
almost all have never been used!
Never  Ever!
Well!!
I needed to do something about that!

So I chose a Drop-Ins Card and Die set by Stephanie Bernard's...The Stamps of Life
I wasn't interested in using any of the accessory dies..
I just wanted to use the scalloped card die.

I had 2 ballerinas ready to roll...
in my stack of 100 stamped and colored images..
(which by the way is now a stack of approximately 30 or 40 stamped and colored images.)
I am so happy!...I have really been using and enjoying that stack of images!
I've made lots of cards these last  few weeks!

So...
anyway...
I cut the scalloped cards...
and the mat layers...
Matted the ballerina each image...
put put the cards....with ribbon... together...
added happy birthday to the inside of the card..
and wha-la!

Two sweet little birthday cards...
perfect for little girl gift giving!

The stamped image is MFT's Tutu Cute (My Favorite Things)

For the first cards...
I chose a bright pink tone on tone print...


I'm so glad that I FINALLY used this card die...
The scalloped edge is nice...for a change...
and the eyelet detail makes it perfect for feminine..or little girl cards.



For the second card..I went with a lighter pink ....a print....

and of course my love of small dots 
led me to choose some sheer light pink and white dotted ribbon
for each card.


And now ...with both cards finished...
I have a question for myself...
WHY have I not used this scalloped card die before...
???

Thanks for visiting today, my crafty and creative friends....
Have a wonderful Saturday!
Michelle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!